This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My "new" Charvel

I just got this Charvel. Looking around here, it seems like it is an '88 3DR. I just think it looks cool.
    Sorry for the crappy pics. I'll get some more up soon.

Welcome MoGas, nice score. That Duncan bridge pickup sure lools a little lost in that large pickup ring. But that can be fixed :-)

Oops forgot to include the mandatory link. To a few more 3DR's:
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
      Welcome MoGas, nice score. That Duncan bridge pickup sure lools a little lost in that large pickup ring. But that can be fixed :-)

Oops forgot to include the mandatory link. To a few more 3DR's:
      http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...3DR_1988-89%2F
      Thanks. I hope it was a score. I paid $225 for it. I'm just starting out with guitar (at 43 years old), so I don't know what you mean about the Duncan pickup and what needs repaired.

Dave

Comment

He meant that you have a large pickup ring on that pickup, leaving a bit of a gap between the ring and the pickup itself. It's an aesthetic thing, not going to affect sound or playability, so if you're just learning, no need to rush out to replace the ring. I'm not sure if it's a score or not, looks to be a decent deal. Learning on a Charvel is a nice luxury. I did the same with my '87 Model 4, back in '87. Much better than learning on a crappy knockoff whateveryoucallit.

Not to be picky, but it's a Charvel, and this is the import Jackson forum. I'm sure they'll move it for you...
        Welcome to the Charvel/Jackson family.
        Enjoy!!
        My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

No repair needed, it's just a visual thing. When the original pickup gets changed for a newer pickup, it usually leaves a rather big gap of air around the pickup. The guitar is perfectly fine. I should have kept my big mouth shut. Enjoy it!
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

The pickup in there is a Duncan Full Shred. It's a nice pickup.

I think it's a very good score. Firecrackles are always a very popular finish.

Comment

This should be in the Import Charvel section.

Comment

Working...
              X