Volume pot position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume pot position

Much as I have loved jackson guitars for years I find the volume pot positions to be annoying.
    It is not an issue if you are playing lead work all the time but if you have chords to chug/strum I find it gets in the way.
    I also note that when artists get a signature model they usually move the volume knob away from the bridge pickup.
    Am I on my own here or do you guys have the same experience?
    Power chords...what more do you need?!

Yeah man I know you are talking about... I have my Volume knob in the middle hole on my Jackson and the top hole is empty... harder to do volume swells but I no longer am accidentally turning the volume down...(Guitar dude put it like that when I got a new pup installed) on the Charvel I have it is very easy to turn the volume down but I am getting used to it... I am going to put some felt or something below it to make it harder to turn.

I also think the placement is annoying for sure... but not hard to get used too.
    sigpic
    Action Jackson

Comment

Yeah, same issue. Palm muting the G-B-E lighter strings is especially difficult for me, because my pinky hits the volume knob and distracts me. I wish Jackson would use the layout I have on my old 1987 Soloist as standard. Notice how the whole control layout is moved just a tad back, which solves the whole problem for me:

Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Do a search. This has been beat to death.

Comment

Yes, has been beat to death. Which is kinda surprising because this isn't some new or unique issue. Go back to the first Stratocaster made (and every 3 knob Strat since) and notice how close the volume knob is.

Close volume knobs used to bother me, but I adapted my technique and it's no longer a problem for the most part.

Chances are nil that Jackson is going to change this.

Comment

A close volume knob is not just a close volume knob. I don't mind Strat-close, because the knob is so close I can embrace it by my hand/fingers while playing. Also, the knob is typically not very tall. Very different from Jackson-close.
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Dude that 87 Soloist is amazing...
              sigpic
              Action Jackson

Comment

Doesn't bother me at all since I fan out my fingers like George Lynch. They did move the knob a little bit on the DK1, though.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  Do a search. This has been beat to death.
                  Cheers fella.
                  Just wanted to get some peoples views and have a chat etc. not do some historical research!
                  Power chords...what more do you need?!

Comment

Working...
                  X