Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

japan quake and tsunami effecting prodction of guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread disappeared for a few hours, whats up with that??
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Henrik,

The lady who answered the phone is probably not the head supervisor at the factory, but rather her (or his) personal secretary :p

With regard to my "current situation", I think that the foreign news services are excessively exaggerating the radiation "fallout" situation here. I've bookmarked a bunch of pages of individuals with their own geiger counters who are uploading their measurements on the web, in addition to checking the "government" sites. Although there are still lines at the stores and the shelves are kind of bare with respect to eggs, dairy, and certain other goods, things are almost back to business as usual in my town.

We donated some money to the Japanese Red Cross and also sent 10 bars of soap and about 20 towels to the sites that were most severely affected. It may not be much, but I'd like to think that every little bit helps.

Twitch,

Yeah, I actually asked Toejam about the disappearance of the thread, and he told me,

"Don't know what happened, but the thread's back up now"...
      Last edited by QuantumRider; 03-29-2011, 05:44 AM.
      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
        Although there are still lines at the stores and the shelves are kind of bare with respect to eggs, dairy, and certain other goods, things are almost back to business as usual in my town.
        Great to hear that, Atsushi!

Yeah, I actually asked Toejam about the disappearance of the thread, and he told me,

"Don't know what happened, but the thread's back up now"...
        It probably got brought over to the admin's area temporarily. To check if it should be locked or deleted.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I noticed the original post never really elaborated on what thought process was going through loki's head. It may have just been a curiosity. Although I agree 100%, make sure the safety of the people & workers are handled 1st. In truth it might be better to have the workers help with the clean up (non radioactive cleanup), before getting back to work. I would hope Jackson &/or the plant would put the well-being of its employees & the country ahead of production of any luxury item. I don't live there nor do I know the situation of people in various areas of the country, so I cannot say what & how it would be best to move on from the disaster for them. I would guess different parts of the coutry will cope & respond differently.
          KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
          I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Working...
          X