Is this a real Jackspon DK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a real Jackspon DK?

I found it on Craigslist. Aside from the rust, chips, and scratches is it a real DK? The knob placement doesn't look right. Almost like it was converted from a three knob to a two knob. The tremolo posts look odd too. It looks like it takes a flathead instead of an allen wrench. The backside looks correct although I don't see the contour where the neck meets the body. And the inlays are reverse. I know they have it on some models but I just wanted to point it out. The seller is stating that its about 12 years old. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

Last edited by gerryl98; 04-04-2011, 11:50 PM.

What's a Jackspon?

But seriously, it looks fine to me. The body definitely looks like a legit Jackson and the floyd is definitely NOT original, hence why the posts probably arent original either. The knob placement does look a little wierd though

Comment

I had a Dinky body like that. It's a special edition made exclusively for Musician's Friend from the late '90s.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah im guessing it was emg equipped at some point and like some nonsoldering guys have done, drilled a hole real close since the emg pots come prewired or maybe just like their knobs too damn close to eachother lol. I cant say ive ever seen one with a top mount trem, but then ive never really paid attention to most h/s/s guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?ser # ?
            650016601. Does this help?

Comment

Not really

What is that, guys, Korean?
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I see that s/n as a sticker on the headstock but not on the neck plate. I've seen j/c's without a neckplate having a sticker s/n, but if a neckplate is there, the s/n is usually on the plate.

My spidey senses are tingling

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  What is that, guys, Korean?
                  It might be Korean or Indonesian since there's an inlay at the 24th fret. And it's a Dinky Reverse from Musician's Friend from about '97 or '98, IIRC.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've actually come across 3 or 4 of these in person, usually in Blue not black.
                    They all have had the same control layout. with the knobs "too close together" and HSS config
                    The last one I saw had a generic floyd, tuners etc. NO jackson logo except on the headstock.
                    It also had a made in China sticker?!? , similar serial#, No serial on neckplate just a sticker on the HS
                    The necks were generally way smaller at the nut on the ones I saw and the profile felt wrong.
                    Also the trem posts look like flathead screws with no bushings, hm. San Dimas route?

Link to the MF model it's called the JD-R http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?doc_id=80925
                    Also the JD-R with sharkies didn't have an Inlay at the 24th fret that I 've seen, Also they had an ontario shaped route
                    And Im pretty sure it had a recessed trem not flush mount with a generic black JT500
                    Theres one up here that looks like the MF edition that I saw
                    Last edited by Weezil; 04-05-2011, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Weezil View Post
                      Link to the MF model it's called the JD-R http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?doc_id=80925
                      Also the JD-R with sharkies didn't have an Inlay at the 24th fret that I 've seen, Also they had an ontario shaped route
                      And Im pretty sure it had a recessed trem not flush mount with a generic black JT500
                      Thanks Weezil. With your info and a little bit more surfing I found that the guitar is a JD-R Pro. It's the Pro model that comes with sharkfin inlays.

Comment

Working...
                      X