Kelly STD vs Dinky XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly STD vs Dinky XL

Hey guys, im willing to sell my Kelly STD here and add about 200 dollars to get a Dinky XL (blue flame maple top). before that anyway, what are your opinions on a Dinky XL? is it really far superior compared to the kelly std or do you think i should keep the kelly? thanks

Though I'm not much in the market, a pricedifference between a Kelly STD and DK XL of $200 sounds a bit much
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

The $200 is more than I'd throw in there too. This is really going to be deciding between a Kelly and a Dinky, and sharkies vs. dots only. If you aren't digging the Kelly get the Dinky. It's not going to be far superior, just different.
      My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

The XL has real MOP inlays and a schaller trem if that helps any. Don't know if I would throw in $200 either. I paid $125 for the 93 xl that I used to have.

Comment

Ofcourse a 15 year old schaller may have some problems and is a lot more expensive to replace than a Takeuchi
          (had this problem on both my fusions)
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

hello i have a dinky XL 1992 and also a Kelly XL both are great but if you like more a think neck keep your guitar but i suggest you to get a dinky its a really great guitar with a better floyrd rose, the bigger difference for me are the pickups and the neck

Comment

Working...
            X