NJD - Another one :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJD - Another one :D

Been on a craze to get a maple boarded Super Strat recently and was looking for old Ibbys etc when a friend of mine told me about the Jackson DK2M. I was in heaven - Jackson guitar, maple fretboard, sharkies, compound radius, very nice thin neck profile, yada yada yada.

So I picked this up locally - loved it as soon as I saw it. So here it is a white DK2M in great physical shape but very very dirty. I got it from an old timer who loved Jacksons and now is on a Charvel kick. It's got a 3way switch and loaded with the stock Duncan JB/Jazz pups. Actions pretty high and neck needs a small shim... Heck pretty much an entire setup. Going to be setting it up in Eb with 10-46.

However my first order of business is to swap out the trem. It's pretty rusty and to be honest I can't stand it. So I know the OFR or schaller drop in but not sure whcih fits in the routes better and also which is cheaper.

Sweet score.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Nice.... I would like to see jackson put out more maple board goodness.. king v maple boarded would be cool..

Comment

So after a good week of waiting my MIG Official Floyd Rose came in yesterday. It's amazing that for a trem from 1989 it's in very good condition - all the tuners work, nothing was cracked. There was some paint discoloration but besides that it's perfect.

After a long day of work I swung by my local music store and grabbed a pair of EB Coated Slinky 10-52s since I eventually want this guitar to have it's trem blocked for dive only with a d-tuna.

Took like 5 minutes to clean up with Gorgomyte (amazing) and the frets are extemely shiny. The maple fretboard has no gunk on it now and feels great. The trem was intonated for 10-52 in E and I had to tweak the truss rod since there was a backbow.

After finally setting it up - wow. This trem is awesome and so much smoother and easier to play on and Whoop WHoop on It also fit the stock trem's cavity pretty well. There is some extra space on the bass side but eh doesn't bother me as much since the cavity is painted black.

Pics

Comment

Gotta love a white Dinky.
          You can mail me the rusty JT580 trem anytime.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by djpharoah View Post
            Pics
            Beautiful! And it almost looks like it has a matching headstock in this pic
            Two guitars are better than one.

Comment

nice looking ..

Comment

whoa nice !

Comment

Thanks guys. I swapped out the lower strings for 24-32-44 and love the set now. The guitar is much more alive than with the thicker gauges plus the trem is now easier to WHOOOP WHOOP on due to the lighter gauges.

Comment

Originally posted by Corpsegrinder88 View Post
                    Nice.... I would like to see jackson put out more maple board goodness.. king v maple boarded would be cool..
                    Or a warrior with oiled maple neck with Abalone sharkfin inlays!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X