Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, I bought this SLAT3-7...(Xposted from Metalguitarist.org, mostly.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I bought this SLAT3-7...(Xposted from Metalguitarist.org, mostly.)

...that I don't have pics of yet.
    Thanks to UPS for leaving it leaning against my front door.

Since a certain drunken dwarf (hi Noodles!) wouldn't leave my house last night after cover band rehearsal, I haven't had a chance to take pics yet. I will, however, give some first impressions.

1.) The new Jackson ATA cases are awesome.
    2.) The green swirl looks much better in real life than in Jackson's promo pics.
    3.) Jackson's Pro line quality has been turned up a notch. This guitar is gorgeous, and the fit & finish is great.
    4.) It's nice being an endorser - they did a setup and put it in Bb for me at FMIC before it shipped. However, this is a reasonable sample, as this was the last green swirl they had left, so they couldn't cherry pick one for me.
    5.) It plays like butter. Seriously, this is the best-playing Japanese Jackson I've experienced that wasn't made before 1993. This makes the COW look like a toy, and those were pretty good.

I've played most of this guitar's competition (though not the new LTD H1007s), and this pretty much clobbers them. I had debated long and hard about buying a Loomis (which I like) instead of one of these. I'm glad I didn't.

I played a SLAT3-6 the other day, too, and it was equally as good. Nice to see the import line is back to where it should be, after being pretty weak in the early 2000s...

Pics:

Last edited by eaeolian; 04-29-2011, 03:44 PM. Reason: Added pics.
    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Cool. Nice review, Mike. Do you have a first series without neck binding or one of the newest ones with binding?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Cool. Nice review, Mike. Do you have a first series without neck binding or one of the newest ones with binding?
      The newer one, it's fully bound - and very nicely, might I add.

Comment

Sweet. I'll have to look into one of those. I just got a Carvin 7 with a hardtail, but I might get a 7 with a Floyd eventually.

Comment

First, you say you get a new guitar. Then, you say you have no pics. Then, you say it looks even better than on stock pics.

STOP TEASING, AAAAAAAAARGH !

just kidding, post some pics as soon as you can, I rally want to see this.

(Jerk mode : I'm not giving you congrats before I see any pics !)

Congrats

Comment

Noodles?? Like Offspring Noodles? Or some other shrimpy nerd with the nickname noodles?? Ive tried to get an endorsement, they dont return emails.
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Like noodlesatf here, actually. He still turns up occasionally.

I'm a "legacy" endorser - I wouldn't qualify under FMIC.

Pics are up now.

Joe, they kick ass. Seriously, I strung it up with 10s (it had 9s on it, but a perfect setup), and did a setup/truss tweak/Floyd set, and it's freakin' awesome. I played it for over half of Division rehearsal last night.

Now to replace the EMGs.

Comment

Nice. That's some good looking rosewood there!

Comment

Nice... I Think I prefer the small logo on these 7 string headsotck tho.
                  But it's a good loooking rosewood like Toejam said.
                  I'm too drunk to say something right now, but I'll try tomorrow.
                  SACRILEGE

Guitars: Jackson King V, Jackson Kelly, Jackson DXMG, Jackson DK2M, Squier Stratocaster MIJ '85 and B.C Rich Whitelock
                  Amps: Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier, Marshall Valvestate 8100 and Peavey Windsor halfstacks.

Comment

I'm really happy with the rosewood, and with the guitar in general. I don't even mind the EMGs much, though they're only still there because I'm waiting for the PU covers to show up.

Comment

Working...
                    X