Jackson PC-3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson PC-3?

Sup guys, I was wondering if you could help me out on a small thing.

Anything you guys know about the Jacksons PC-3? I know they were only produced for a short time and MIJ.

The thing is, I don't know their value nowadays and I was wondering what would be a good price?

here's a pic of the one I'm asking about

Also, what are the pickups in these?

Decent guitars.... think of it as a fancy DK2.
    Going rate for a used PC3 is about $200 - $300.
    You could buy them for under $500 brand new when they were in production.
    -Rick

Comment

Ahhh ok, there's one that I've been looking at. Its nice as hell! Love that maple board on it. I might be getting it if I'm able to sell some of my things and pay up some nasty tickets!

Comment

What they sold for new is irrelevant, as they're no longer in production and thus cannot be had new for that price.

There's no reason not to expect more than $300 for it, as it's still a good guitar. I paid $650 for one a few years ago (Chlorine).

Floyded models like that one generally sell for more than the Wilkinson-equipped models, which I have seen go for around $300.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Oh ok, thanks.

Did you pay that amount for yours used?

Comment

Chlorine PC3's are hard to find, hence the hefty price.
            Solar and Au Natural were made in larger quantities.
            Only a fool would pay $650 for one of those.
            -Rick

Comment

Yes, mine was bought used. Only thing I really didn't like about it was the topcoat was way too dark. The Solar looks better.

I wouldn't pay more than $400 for a Natural.

I don't see tons of either version available, so I don't understand the comment about fools paying $600+ for a non-Chlorine simply because they made more of the other two. It's all about current availability, not past.
              Last edited by Newc; 05-02-2011, 07:36 AM.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The chlorine one is pretty gorgeous

Comment

I think I paid 550 for a new Chlorine back when they were being made. Or maybe just after the last year. 2001 or 2002. Can't remember which. Really good guitars, ended up replacing the pup's and it became one of my favorites.
                  http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                    I think I paid 550 for a new Chlorine back when they were being made. Or maybe just after the last year. 2001 or 2002. Can't remember which. Really good guitars, ended up replacing the pup's and it became one of my favorites.
                    They are decent guitars, you will get no argument from me there.
                    I paid $450 new (with case) for my 2001 Au Natural PC3. I liked it a lot, but only after swapping pickups and dropping in a real Floyd.
                    Played it for years before I parted it out.
                    -Rick

Comment

Working...
                    X