NGD - JDR-Pro - filthy as hell!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - JDR-Pro - filthy as hell!!

I found it on CL on the East Coast. My cousin picked it up and shipped it to me over here in So Cal. I knew from the pics that it needed some TLC but when I received it yesterday I couldn't believe how filthy it was!! I never saw a guitar with grime on it!! The guitar is HSS and in between the pickups were layers of grime. I thought I was cleaning an old brake rotor. There was even crap in the pickup routes. The paint had chips in it but after seeing it close up it's not really that bad. A little touch up paint, a wet sand, and some buffing and it should be fine. Cleaning the fingerboard was pretty gross too. I scraped it with a razor blade, scrubbed it twice with fretboard cleaner, and then oiled it. The floyd was grimey too. I took a nylon brush to it to get all the crap out of the nook and crannys. I don't know how anyhow could let a guitar get so dirty.

Anyways, like I said pickups are HSS, one tone, one volume, 5 way selector, licensed Floyd, Gotoh tuners (not original), reverse headstock, reverse sharky fin inlays, and there's an inlay on the 24th fret. I'll have pics up soon after I'm done with the paint and reassembly.
    Last edited by gerryl98; 04-29-2011, 10:31 AM.
Working...
X