No announcement yet.

New Jackson (JS32 Warrior) Owner Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jackson (JS32 Warrior) Owner Here!

I'm new here, as I'm new to the Jackson family. I found this forum while looking for reviews on the JS32 Warrior.

Anyway, I guess I'll tell my story.

I had this really cheap Ibanez EX180 guitar, which I actually inherited from an ex-girlfriend about 15-16 years ago, and eventually it wound up in my closet, and was forgotten.

Years later, my wife and I moved into a new home, and decided to do a Music Room. I remembered the guitar, and pulled it out. We set up the music room, and every now and then I'd play the EX180, but it was pretty much the last guitar I'd want to play in my rotation of instruments.

About a month ago I started kicking around this idea of ditching it, and trading up from a POS to a "cheap-o." I liked the way it played, but the frets were buzzy, the tone sucked, had no sustain, sounded cloudy, and it wouldn't stay in tune for anything. The only things I liked about this guitar were the way it looked and the way it played.

I was at the store where I take lessons, and I showed up a bit early one evening (April 21st). I sat down with an Epiphone Standard Les Paul, and liked it. I thought about it, and the next day I returned with the Ibanez to trade it in, but the store didn't take trades. The employee directed me to someone who did.

I made my way to this other store with the Ibanez, and they had a HUGE selection of guitars; anything from Ibanez, Gibson, Epiphone, Squier, Fender, Godin, and Jackson.

I found another Epiphone Standard Les Paul (used) for $325, and it was in superb condition. Having never been in the store, I told the guy, "Hold the thought on this one. I'm gonna look around." I browsed the store, and stumbled across a Jackson Kelly for sale for $399. I've always thought the Kelly was a cool looking guitar, so I took it down to play it. It played really nicely, but at the same time I picked up the Kelly, I spotted the Warrior, a guitar which I've rarely seen, and didn't even know what it was called. It was also stickered at $399, and I decided to give it a run. I fell in love with it. Then, I had to play the Kelly and Warrior back to back, and realized I liked the Warrior that much more, and for some reason, I just connected with it much more.

There it is. I dumped the Ibanez, and walked out with my new Jackson JS32 Warrior. Despite its price, it's one of the best guitars in my lineup, and I LOVE IT. Here, I was expecting nothing more than a replacement for the Ibanez, basically an instrument that I would just enjoy playing, and it wouldn't be collecting dust, and now, it's the guitar I've been playing straight for the past few weeks (since April 22nd). I've even been playing it more than my Warmoth custom!

Now, here's the kicker. Prior to that day in the store, I had played TWO USA Jacksons, and didn't connect with either of them. While I liked Jackson, I just didn't connect with them, but that didn't change my opinion of them as some of the best guitars in the world, it just simply meant I personally didn't connect with them.

When I strolled out that afternoon, the last thing on my mind was that I was going to come home with a Jackson. A Jackson wasn't even a consideration. Now, I've done some spec comparisons, and am really gassing for a USA Select Series Warrior.

Anyway, here I am, and my Jackson JS32 Warrior kicks ass.

Hi Torment! Congrats, and welcome!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Welcome . Your life just got a lot more expensive . I had a WRMG once. Then I joined this forum and I now have FIVE USA Warriors .
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
        Welcome . Your life just got a lot more expensive . I had a WRMG once. Then I joined this forum and I now have FIVE USA Warriors .
        Yeah, I'm gathering that very quickly. It wasn't even a day and I was gassing for a USA Select model. Unfortunately, I've already gotten my $2000+ guitar for the year, and that was my Warmoth custom.

It never ends. I will always find guitars I want. When I got the Warmoth built, I said to myself, "Okay, this is the dream guitar. I'm done." Sure as Hell, that didn't last long. Then came a serious gassing for a Moser Custom Shop FastStar, Dave Murray Signature Strat, DBZ Bird of Prey, and now the USA Select Jackson Warrior.

Comment

Working...
        X