Jackson RR Pro help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson RR Pro help.

Guy wants to trade me one RR that he sais is late 80's early 90's pro series(he sais the ones that concider to be better than RR1). It is neck throgh guitar. IS he talking about RR5 or something? Are they really that good?
    Jackson Black SL2HT, Jackson Trans Blue SL2H, Jackson Adrian Smith white with ebony board, ESP KH-2 Caution Hot, Gibson Les Paul Custom aged white, Fender American Strat.

I don't think anyone says they are better. The Pro series of the early 90's is considered to be about equal to Jackson's US offerings of the same period. I've got three '90 Pros and they are pretty awesome. No he's not talking about a RR5.

What is he looking to get from you in the trade?

Here is a little info on the Professional Series. Link
    Last edited by BayRocker; 05-18-2011, 06:28 PM.
    My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Thanks man! He wants to get my USA Dinky 88. He say he can through a Mesa V pedal into the deal. How is that sounds to you?
      Jackson Black SL2HT, Jackson Trans Blue SL2H, Jackson Adrian Smith white with ebony board, ESP KH-2 Caution Hot, Gibson Les Paul Custom aged white, Fender American Strat.

Comment

The 88 series are pretty limited. I wouldn't myself.

Comment

Not great to me. My reasons are not purely value though. I prefer the Strat shape to the Rhoads shape myself. While they are considered to be of about the same quality of build, their actual values can be quite different. Usually what is said is, the Pro's are a great value because they can be had at a lower price, and are about the same quality. That does not mean that a Pro will SELL for the same as a USA Jackson. I'm not sure of the value of your 88, I'm sure someone can give you a good idea what it's worth ($400 ). I've recently been watching Rhoads Pro's selling between $6-700 US.
          My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Want to share something....
            So, I traded my 88' USA Dinky "Lightning storm"(not the same "lightning" Jackson do on the resent ones). The guy gave me RR Pro low serial number, early 1990 guitar. Also he gave me Mesa V-Twin preamp pedal, new V shaped HSC and $200 on top. I though it was a great deal...before I pluged Pro in...now I think it is the best deal I ever made! Cannot stop playing that badboy! I have some ESP's, SL2H's, and that Dinky was an awesome shape USA, but RR pro feels even better!!! I actually had to change the strings guage (guy had .11-.52) for .09 and I did that in 15 min. It was just too easy, Shaller tuned up faster and better that OFR, and I almost did not have to adjust a truss rod (even after such guage change). Action is low, plays like nothing I played before, awesome guitar.
            I got it to be my "trade" guitar, but I have a feeling it will stay with me now. SL2H Silver Swirl will leave before that RR! First time I got me an export Jackson and now I think I will get me 1991 Soloist Pro.
            You guys weren't bullshiting when you were saying that 90-95 Pro's are in par with USA's!

Comment

Working...
            X