Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD - Dk2FF repaint

New Paint Day-
    Just got my Dk2FF back tonight, had it done in Holoflake.
    Really pleased with the way it turned out, Had a Bike paint guy do it.
    Only problem is that its so damn hard to get a good pic.
    Heres a few indoor shots until it stops raining here

That is awesome. Looks like he did a great job.

Comment

Badass.

I think those inlays usually look ridiculous, but they actually go really well with a nice bold finish like this. Nice work!
      http://www.mattdixon.co.uk/

Comment

That is awesome, great choice. It got me thinking about a refin for my DKMGTFF now.
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

WOW! That looks awesome! Why not try ebonizing the fretboard too? That would look killer!
          It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
          ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
            WOW! That looks awesome! Why not try ebonizing the fretboard too? That would look killer!
            I agree, it would probably look really awesome if it had a darker board.

Comment

Originally posted by bucketbrian45 View Post
              I agree, it would probably look really awesome if it had a darker board.
              I thought the same exact thing!
              Didn't have the headstock done to match yet just in case the neck looked like crap on it
              Definitely bringing more work to this guy, Thinking about something glow-in-the-dark next possibly.

Thanks for all the positive comments, The pics dont even come close to what it looks like in person. Hopefully we get a sunny day soon and I can shoot it in natural light.

Comment

How long was the turn around? And any special instructions from the painter when you picked it up?

Comment

If that's not good pics I can't wait to see the outside ones.
                  Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by gerryl98 View Post
                    How long was the turn around? And any special instructions from the painter when you picked it up?
                    Took about a week and a half overall but it was really damp here and it took extra long to cure. No special instructions. He used urethane for bikes/cars so it's pretty durable, smooth as glass

Comment

Working...
                    X