Nice find maybe, need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice find maybe, need help

So I found someone selling what looks to me a DR6 (They are calling it a DK2) for 150 bucks. It's got the duncan design pickups and the string through body color is amber transparent. I was looking at the catalog scans though, trying to read what body wood it was but couldn't make it out.

Anyone know what body wood the DR6's are? I'm guessing poplar, but I'd like to know for sure.

Also have a line on on a used SL2, I know little about them but it's going for less then a new RR3 so I'm guessing it might be worth the money.
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

The SL2 is USA-made with import hardware and no inlays. I think they had black binding but it could just be the finish that makes it look like that.

Can't help with the DR6, though.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

For some reason, I think there may have been ash bodies available on the DR6, although it would not have a maple veneer if I remember right. So, if it has an amber finish and no quilt/flame maple veneer, it could be ash.

As for the SL2, it would have black binding. Inlays were optional on the SL2S version. The pickups are Armstrong JP10/JP11 and the trem is a JT580LP. I have an SL2 and it's really a nice guitar. The pickups didn't need to be replaced either, as opposed to a lot of Jacksons from that era.
      sigpic

Comment

Is this the one on CL from Monterey? He also advertised this in Orange County so I called him up and found out he ships them from Monterey so I didn't want to risk it. After talking to him for 20 min. or so I do believe he is legit though. Nice guy as well. He has a couple of Charvel Model 1's for sale that he does custom artwork on for a decent price.

About the DR6, I told him it was a DR6 (not a DK2T like he advertised) and he didn't argue. He wasn't sure what it was. These were made out of Poplar or Ash but I'm pretty sure this one is Ash. Looks like a great deal though at 150 as it seems to be in great shape. I was looking for a cheap guitar for my girlfriend and this looked perfect but I didn't want to have something shipped from a craigslist ad. Looks like you live near Monterey so I'd go for it.

Comment

Working...
        X