Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help identifying Jackson RR

Hey guys,

Had a feeling this'd happen... I now own 2 Kellys and a Dinky, and I'm totally hooked to Jacksons, amazing guitars! I've come across an opportunity to purchase an RR, and the only solid info I could was regarding the US made, and I think this is MIJ due to it's serial starting with a 9? Correct me if I'm wrong. 9680461 appears to be the serial. Hoping someone can help me out

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to the Bolt ons and RRs in general. Could anyone confirm if this is indeed a MIJ? Are these an alder/rock maple/rosewood combo?

Thanks for the help as always guys!

- Anth

Hmmm, a lefty dotted boltie Rhoads, eh? I think I see a pickguard/plate. 968xxxx would be 2001-02 MIJ era. I'm not too up on lefties, this might be a late PS3T(L?) but I don't know if it should have "Performer" on the headstock, plus I don't know if that's the proper logo & placement for lefties.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Performers should have "Performer" on the head, though by that time they may have stopped putting it on. Granted the trussrod cover would also have the model on it, but those are held on with screws, which means they're easy to change out.

Narrow 12th fret dots does indicate Japan-made, but it's a bolt-on neck (which means it can be swapped out if one had an India-made body and wanted to snooker someone).

Remove the neck and look at the heel and pocket. You should see the model stamped on them, and they should match.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated and all appears to be good... Would you happen to know what these are made of? Maple neck/Alder body? I've heard of Rhoads being basswood and/or poplar?

Comment

Working...
        X