DR3, DR6 etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR3, DR6 etc

Since I am hopelessly paranoid let me say this first - *This is not a want to buy add, do not PM me with guitars for sale.*

So this is really about all the DR models - I recently saw an add for a dr6 for dirt cheap and sadly never heard back from the guy. But the price kind of made me wonder about the quality of the guitar.

I see posts about RR3's and KE3's and all these other import guitars but not so much about the DR series.
    Anyone know how popular those models were? Were they actually any good? I'm focused on getting my US stuff now but I'm wondering if I should be sad about missing out on this? I'm not sure it would be cool to post the price so I'll just say it was well under 200 bucks and looked pretty mint from the pictures.

I wonder how the neck's compared with say my RR3R? Besides 22 frets vs 24.
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

The cream of the crop was the Dinky RVS Professional, which was a dual-hum model with real MOP sharkfins. There was also the Dinky Rev(erse) Professional with MOP offset dots. The DR3 (MOTO sharkfins) and DR5 (MOTO offset dots) came later, around the time the Professional logo disappeared, and the DR6 was the last "new" Dinky Reverse model before the X-series guitars were introduced.

I personally love the old DRs, as my first Jackson was a JS1 with a reverse headstock. A few of them - along with the USA DR2 - were offered with optional ash bodies, which was otherwise very rare among Jackson guitars. My personal favorite is actually a Dinky RVS/DR3 "mutt" with a satin black (graphite?) finish over ash and reverse MOP sharkfins.
    sigpic

Comment

cool good to know
      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Working...
      X