New pickup on my dk2s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pickup on my dk2s

Hi im new to this forum, i recently bought my first electric guitar after 4 year of acoustic... its a 2002 Dk2s sounded really cool at first (ive tried an 2008 before but definitly not the same) but now im a bit unpleased with the sound of my duncan designed so im thinking upgrading pickups and the floyd rose.

Well i'm a bit lost when it come to choosing the good bridge and middle pickup that will fit with the sustainiac... i want more attack treble and a good amount of bass and mid, when i was shopping guitar at first emg sounded was close to my need but it was a bit lifeless for me. I have an eye on dimebucker... any comment?

I think you might find the Dimebucker to be a bit one-dimensional. I'd suggest a Duncan Alternative 8 if you want a really balanced pickup that doesn't sound lifeless. I am a big fan of the Invader (lots of mids and bass) and Full Shred (brighter, clearer treble and tight low end) and found the Alt 8 to be a good blend of those two.
    sigpic

Comment

i think a duncan jb is an all rounder good pickup try that or go higher in the range such as the distortion the custom i have a dimebucker in a dean v i used to use i found it very agressive

Comment

thanks... alternative 8 sound good to me...

I may be totaly off the road but i saw that blackout preamp thing that put any pickup into active and actually i like the blackout sound a lot...anybody know if its only for double humbucker only or it'l work on ssh config?

Comment

The blackout pre should work with any passive pickup. My understanding is it sits between the volume pot and the output.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
          X