Custom Kelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Kelly

Just the other day my guitar teacher gave me this guitar so I thought I'd share it on here. He told me he had a Kelly lying around that he wanted to give to me and told me to work something out on Photoshop for him to put on it. I found a picture I liked on Google and sent it to him. This is the final result:

I had him put a Dinky XL neck on it because he originally had a knock-off Jackson neck for it that's pretty chunky. He also put some cool 6-way selector switch in it. I'm very pleased with how it turned out and I'm happy to own a Kelly, even though I'm sure I'll get the "Marty" comments even more now.
    Last edited by Alurkz; 06-06-2011, 09:49 PM. Reason: pic didn't work

What is that a pic of on the body? Umm 6 way switch looks like a 3 way to me.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Terraform \m/

Comment

Nice space graphic.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
          What is that a pic of on the body? Umm 6 way switch looks like a 3 way to me.
          It's a painting or drawing of a quasar. It does look like a 3-way but if you push it up there are 3 options and if you push it down there are another 3 options. The downward options split it into single coil.

Comment

do DKs and Kellies have the same (or similar) neck profiles?

sick axe. put a video of you shredding with it on youtube when you get a chance so we can all make "Marty" comments
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko_svYKVg94#t=11m44s

Comment

Originally posted by The_Black View Post
              do DKs and Kellies have the same (or similar) neck profiles?

sick axe. put a video of you shredding with it on youtube when you get a chance so we can all make "Marty" comments
              I'm not sure, my guitar teacher never had the original Kelly neck but the Dinky neck is really thin.

Summer's coming up so I'll have a lot of free time and will probably be able to put a video up

Comment

Working...
              X