Hidden Gem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden Gem

Until I saw it on Ebay, I didn't know it existed (bought it lol).
    The precursor to the KV5FR, the KV4.
    What a damn GOOD guitar this thing is!!
    I was expecting something kinda cheap feeling. This thing feels high effin quality!
    Suggestion to those that are into KV's but not into the cost of the neckthru's...find yourself a used KV4. You will not be disappointed.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Did you buy that trans blue one I saw floating around on ebay? Post some pics!!!!

Comment

Rich#6 was selling his trans blue KV4 here & on the bay; is it his? I almost pulled the trigger...
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Rich#6 was selling his trans blue KV4 here & on the bay; is it his? I almost pulled the trigger...
        It would have been yours if you answered your PM's.

I started it cheap on ebay and hoped for more than one bid. No luck.

another minty one in natural finish sold recently too.

Comment

I did ship to Maryland.

Comment

I wanted it too but had too many other things I needed. That and I really wanted bindings.
            1986 Aria Pro II Elite II
            BC Rich NJ DLX Warlock bass
            82-84 Burny LPC
            90 Jackson Rhoads Pro
            06 Dean CFH x2
            11 Dean Rebel Custom
            06 Dean DOFlame
            09 Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
            Dean D100 Dime amp
            Eleven Rack
            79 Furman PQ6
            Peavey 6505+

Comment

Yes, I bought yours Rich. Awesome guitar, did NOT expect to win the auction at that price.
              I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

I didn't expect it to go that low either. I paid 465 for it and it was really dirty. and I swapped out the hardware to some that was in much better condition. The original trem was chrome and kinda greenish. It has a really great neck shape.

Comment

Yeah the neck is awesome. I almost forgot how much I like playing these J/C neckthru's. This KV4 neck feels one whole helluva lot like my 1988 Charvel Model 5FX. Slightly chunky, but still with as non cramping thinness that you could ask for.
                  It just feels like a SOLID well built machine that is ready to get the job done.

Comment

Oh one question Rich.
                    What kind of tuners did you put on this guitar?
                    (probably gonna change it to black buttons)

Comment

Working...
                    X