30th anniversary rr5fr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30th anniversary rr5fr

Trying to persuade myself I don't need another guitar, but either the rr5fr or the rr24 look appealing . I found this on ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-30th-ani...#ht_500wt_1156
    Can anyone tell me how this compares to an rr24? Also, how do either compare in terms of quality of build, feel and tone with a USA built model?
    Thanks!
    My other signature says something funny

The RR24 and RR5FR are built in the same place so same build quality. Main differences are RR5FR has a neck pickup, is front control routed and 22 frets. RR24 has one EMG, rear routed and has binding. I don't believe the 30th models have neck binding but I could be wrong. The newest RR5FR's I believe do come with neck binding.

Quality, feel, and tone is very good on the Japanese models, but the USA models are a definite step up in materials and workmanship.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Thanks for the info. I was leaning more towards the RR24, since it seems a more 'pure' heavy metal guitar, if you know what I mean. The closest I could find to try in my local music store was an RR3. Don't know if it was my embarrassment at being able to think of nothing to play but Am pentatonic on the thing, but I came away feeling a little disappointed. It seemed more flimsy somehow than my USA soloist. Also didn't sound quite as aggressive as I'd imagined. I also played either a JS or X series V with an EMG pickup. I liked the sound of the pickup, but again the feel of the guitar was lacking for me. Unfortunately, both seemed like they could have used more attention from the store: action was high, and the strings felt pretty old. I'm not experienced enough of a player to get past that and judge the guitars in spite of those issues. (I also tried an Ibanez JS-1000, which also didn't do it for me. Again, the action was high, and it was fretting out pretty badly on the 17th fret of the top E. Nice tone, though.)
      My other signature says something funny

Comment

Well, the RR3 is also made in the same place as well. I actually haven't really ever tried an RR3 because I'm somewhat anti bolt on, but I did own an RR5 (white with black pinstripes) that was a decent guitar. It would have needed a pro level/crown/polish to make it play like my USA RR1T out of the case though. Action was good to low and most of it played great but stuff would fret out in a couple places when doing wide bends. The RR24 is definitely a more narrow focused product for sure. And you can't get a USA like it for anywhere near the price.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
          The RR24 and RR5FR are built in the same place so same build quality. Main differences are RR5FR has a neck pickup, is front control routed and 22 frets. RR24 has one EMG, rear routed and has binding. I don't believe the 30th models have neck binding but I could be wrong. The newest RR5FR's I believe do come with neck binding.

Quality, feel, and tone is very good on the Japanese models, but the USA models are a definite step up in materials and workmanship.
          The RR5FR also has a rosewood board as opposed to ebony on the RR24

Comment

Correct, I missed that one.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

the anniversary rr5fr have dimarzio tonezone pickups, as supposed to jb and jazz on thr regular rr5fr

Comment

Working...
              X