Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help identify my King V

Hello,
    I just picked up a Jackson guitar with King V body type from CL, and can't seem to find a model number any where and the owners have no clue either. I've only find the serial number on the neck plate and it's NHJ0904406. Can someone help me with the model number, year it was made and country where it was made? Also, what is the name of the finish on this guitar? I've tried look at Jackson website to see if I can find a finished that looked like this one but are unable to, It has red pearl like bling on them.

Thanks in advance for your help
    Tony

Here're few pictures:

Offhand I'd say it was a JS30KV that was covered in small beads by a previous owner (or his sister).

However, something looks wrong with that head.

Remove the strings, unbolt the neck, and the model should be stamped in the neck pocket and on the neck heel.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yikes! I agree with Newc. That is not a factory finish. Check out the neck pocket.

Comment

Please help identify my King V

Thank you Newc and sixx_ gunner, following your advice I've unbolted the neck and check the pocket as well as on the heel of the neck and there were nothing stamped on them. However, I've found some hand written marker in the pocket of the neck and on the back of the neck plate (Please see pics below) . On the back of the neck plate written: "228, 1W, 1R", and on the pocket written "6H093293V"

Last edited by Tman; 07-05-2011, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Yeah, the HS does look a bit fat.
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

So is it possibly a fake? Can't imagine anyone want to fake something that looked like a JS series.

Comment

Yeah, but you never know. Probably that company that makes those fucked-up Warrior copies with the totally wrong horn angles.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

That is a fake.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That's a fake neck imo too. The tip of the headstock looks really wrong.
                  Check my bands!
                  www.myspace.com/magicktr
                  www.myspace.com/sinif64
                  www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

And those beads on the top. I've done crazy shit to a guitar, but never fucking beads

Comment

Dear Lord thats a lot of beads! Must feel kind of funky? Tman- have you contacted the seller since this thread? But most importantly do YOU like it?
                      "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Looking at the picture of just the headstock I think it looks legit.
                        The bigger questions is why would you buy that guitar with all those beads.

Comment

thank you all, I've contacted Jackson's customer support and got reply within couple hours (great support from Jackson guitar. They have confirmed it to be model JS30KV and off course the beads are not factory. I bought mainly because it's interesting (sparkle when light strike it, very cool). it's super cheap so I say what the heck, worst case I can hang on my wall. Played and sound great.

Here's my communication with Ed Treat at Jackson guitars:
                          Tony,

This is a JS30KV IR KING V W/GB made in 2009

FYI the dots or whatever is on the body is not from the factory.

Model Name: JS30KV King VTM

Model Number: 290-0014-(Color#)

Series: JS Series

Body: Indian Cedro

Neck: Bolt-On Maple

Fingerboard: Rosewood with 12” to 16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)

No. of Frets: 24 Jumbo Frets

Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)

Width @ Nut: 1-11/16” (43 mm)

Hardware: Chrome

Machine Heads: Die-Cast Tuners

Bridge: JT390 Adjustable Bridge with Strings-Through-Body

Pickguard: None

Pickups: Jackson CVR2 Humbucking Pickup

Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade:

Position 1. Bridge Pickup

Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups

Position 3. Neck Pickup

Controls: Master Volume,

Master Tone,

Colors: Solid / Metallic Finish Group:

(303) Black, (BLK),

(328) Inferno Red, (IR),

(344) Gun Metal Grey, (GMG),

Transparent Finish Group:

(386) Transparent Blue, (TB),

Strings: NPS, Gauges:

.009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042

Unique Features: Compound (12” to 16”) Fingerboard Radius,

King V Body Shape,

MOTO Dot Position Inlays

Source: India

Accessories: None

WRENCH SIZES: Truss Rod Wrench 3/8”

U.S. MSRP: Solid / Metallic Finish Group: $579.99

Transparent Finish Group: $629.99

INTRODUCED: 1/2004

DISCONTINUED:

DISCONTINUED COLORS: (527) Dark Metallic Blue, (DMB),1/2009

(528) Dark Metallic Red, (DMR) 1/2008

COMMENTS: Upgraded in 2009 to come with Gig Bag, P/N suffix’s changed from (5XX) to (3XX),

Uses Standard Multi-Fit Jackson® Gig Bag P/N 2991511006, US MSRP $59.99 (Included),Uses Deluxe Jackson®/SKB® Molded Case P/N 2996101506, US MSRP $174.99, (Not Included),

Production moved from Japan to India 2005/2006, changed from Alder to Indian Cedro body,

Specs: Product Prices, Features, Specifications and Availability Are Subject To Change Without Notice

Take care,

Ed Treat

Consumer Relations

Fender Musical Instruments

8860 E Chaparral Rd # 100

Scottsdale, AZ 85250

480-596-7274

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Posted At: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 7:23 AM
                          Posted To: new emails
                          Conversation: Help authenticate and or identify Jackson King V
                          Subject: Help authenticate and or identify Jackson King V

Hello,

I've recently bought a Jackson guitar with a King V body type and was unable to find the model number or any information about the guitar. I've post question on jcfonline.com and few there have indicated that it's looked like a JS30KV model however they believed it to be a counterfeit / fake as the Head stock is a bit fat and it's lack the model stamp inside the neck pocket and the heel of the neck. Please help confirm, denied and or identify the guitar?

Your assistance is much appreciated. Below is a link to photo album of the guitar in question.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Thanks in advance for your assistance and consideration.

Tony
                          Last edited by Tman; 07-06-2011, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Hmmmm, if it is a real JS, we'll have to keep in mind that funky serial # format!

I know the MII serials from around 1997 - 2004 were 8 digits, the first 2 indicating the year (99xxxxxx).

In 2005, they went to a 9 digit serial (2005xxxxx)

So sometime before 2009 looks like they went to letters in the front followed by 2 digits that indicate the year...
                            Last edited by RacerX; 07-06-2011, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Check this out "Production moved from Japan to India 2005/2006, changed from Alder to Indian Cedro body,"

Huh? :think: WTF Ed Treat! JS shape series were always made in the India factory.

Comment

Working...
                              X