What kindas of KV is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kindas of KV is this?

I know its a cheap one, mostlikely Indian made. But the hardware is throwing me off, trem, nut, and tuners and neckplate are all aluminum, not really brushed either
    Any ideas?

KV3?

What's the serial ?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Aluminum neckplate serial is 9646085
      I should say, Bolt-on, LFR, rosewood 24 fret neck, DD humbuckers, knobs and imput jack is aluminum too
      Last edited by Mindstein; 07-06-2011, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Made in Japan, looks like a KV3 all right, probably around 1998-9, I know they were doing that wacky brushed aluminum around '99, 2000.

Comment

Hmm, I was thinking for sure it was a JS series, I bought it basically for its mammoth sized case. It could play a little better, the fretboard is a little stiff and the duncan designed is just mild. neck feels super thin though and the frets are fresh

Thanks for the identification, I was lost on this one

Comment

Yup, KV3. I had one some years back. The pickup is indeed weak, as it's based off the JB (choked, nutless).

And that's a 22 fret neck, not 24.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post

And that's a 22 fret neck, not 24.
              Huh, I missed that...I need more beauty sleep

Comment

yah 22, I have a hard time counting past 3

Comment

Working...
                X