Jackson(2008 Model) Vs Jakcson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson(2008 Model) Vs Jakcson?

I browsed a lot of music stores and found out that a few jackson guitars (Kelly and rhaods mainly) have a normal pro series model and a 2008 model. For e.g. there is a rr3 model and there is also a rr3(2008) model. The price of the rr3(2008) is half of rr3 and the specifications are almost same but except I think the 2008 model does not have an ivoroid binding and does not come with a hard shell. So I was curious about knowing why such difference in price variations. Is rr3(2008) or any 2008 models safe to buy?

Edit: Sorry for the typo in the heading
    Last edited by Rakib; 08-06-2011, 07:45 AM.

A lot of people prefer bound necks over unbound. If you don't like binding, it can save you a lot of money. The Music store is probably just trying to get rid of the old ones and is discounting them.

Comment

I guess I can compromise with the binding since I'm a little short of cash :P . Thanks for the help I guess it is safe to buy a 2008 jackson model then .

Comment

Automotive parts stores should have pinstriping tape that does a fair job of looking like neck/head binding. In low light. Half-drunk. If you need glasses.

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Are Jackson doing Binding on the RR5 yet? I know there are a few grey import RR5's (Meant for the Japanese market only) that have binding, yet I've never seen a pukka export model with binding.

For a little more, I'd buy a Jap Grey import RR5 if binding is what you want. They do come up from time to time on Ebay. Or it could be the perfect excuse to learn Japanese and trawl Ebay.jp.

Or cheaper still would be an RR3 with a neck swap.
          You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

I think I have enough white colored tapes at home to make neck/head binding for any Half-drunk guy in low light

Comment

Does it have chrome hardware? Some like the eerie dess finish ones look better in chrome, even though I wish mine had the binding.

Comment

When did they switch from Duncan Designed pickups to proper SDs?
                It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

As far as I can recall it had only black color available and black hardward. And they had real duncan pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                    When did they switch from Duncan Designed pickups to proper SDs?
                    In 2006 IIRC
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                    X