No announcement yet.

What model is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, look who’s here—it’s RacerX. I never would have guessed that you would post on this forum. ;-)

At the risk of sounding like a whiny bitch, the OP called me dickhead 1st. No excuses for me returning the insult (what is this, Junior High?)

If you’d like to retaliate in kind that’s up to you, but let’s not forget why he responded to you in that manner. If you don’t want to answer a question than don’t respond at all--that’s how a lot of people deal with situations like this. There’s no need to take out your frustration on someone who most likely isn’t aware of the cause.

and he referred to another member as an "idiot" recently in a different thread.

My bad, I think you referred to Xyrium as a “dolt”. Was this yet another frustrating “newb” (or should I say “NEWB”) situation? Oh, and sorry for stating you used a word that you, in fact, did not use (even though the two words are synonymous).

You know this how? Try to remove the "I see the one post in 100 where Ron is flaming a newb so I'll ignore the others where he is really helpful" glasses. In fact, I see new members joining all the time due in part to our welcoming & helpful culture here.

Sure, you’re helpful and knowledgeable, but I don’t think you’re aware of how your comments might be interpreted by people who aren’t familiar with your sense of humor or the JCF culture.

While supplying a serial number is not a "rule", it is quite helpful in IDing a guitar. I love the serial numbers and figuring them out & helping others with theirs - I do this quite a bit, even have lots of folks PMing me, so excuse a little frustration with the 100th ID request with no ser#

Oh yes—what a great burden—and joy—it is to have unlocked the secret code of J/C serial numbers. I’m sure the Nobel committee will be in touch with you shortly for your contributions to humanity. J

I wasn't aware I needed your confidence! Man, Trussrod, when did I piss in your Wheaties?

Sorry, no Wheaties--or gluten--for me. I’m not sure why anyone would choose to apologize for you when you see little need to do it yourself. Were the comments you made about a recent poster’s gear list “welcoming” and “helpful”?

So there it is. I responded to your concerns and even apologized twice. Maybe you should apologize to the OP—or is that beneath you?

Comment

Well I happen to like Ron he's a good guy and has a way of getting his point across.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by EOT1 View Post
        Just got this guitar in. According to kc7txm's info this is a 2000 MII JS30. Its in great shape for being that old. I thought it was a newer one. I still dont know if the neck is a replace or not as it is not stamped on the heel. Does anyone know if necks with offset dots were used on this year and model? The pups are Duncan Designed (not sure how long Jackson has used them). The FR licensed trem is like the old FR II's where the strings are fed through the rear of the trem. Ive never had a guitar with this kind of trem. I heard good and bad things about them. I have an old Striker that came with one, but I put a double locking trem on it.
        It's a DX10, trust me. The JS-series, up until the recent addition of sharkfin inlays, had normal "down the middle" dot inlays rather than offset mini-dots, and did not have Duncan Designed pickups. There was eventually a DX10D with sharkfins as well. They X-series was indeed made in India from the start, and used the single-locking JT500 trem as you described. If it's era-correct, the trem will not have a Jackson logo stamped on it, just the blank area where the manufacturer name was typically stamped. Washburn and (I think) Dean use(d) the same trem.
        sigpic

Comment

RacerX, Trussrod

Alright you two, cant we all just get along?
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
            It's a DX10, trust me. The JS-series, up until the recent addition of sharkfin inlays, had normal "down the middle" dot inlays rather than offset mini-dots, and did not have Duncan Designed pickups. There was eventually a DX10D with sharkfins as well. They X-series was indeed made in India from the start, and used the single-locking JT500 trem as you described. If it's era-correct, the trem will not have a Jackson logo stamped on it, just the blank area where the manufacturer name was typically stamped. Washburn and (I think) Dean use(d) the same trem.
            You are corrrect. And you were correct in post 10 on the 1st page too. The link I provided earlier lists the pickups as kent armstrongs but in the picture you can clearly see the Duncan Designed logos. DX10 ftw!

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
              Well I happen to like Ron he's a good guy and has a way of getting his point across.
              +1.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                The link I provided earlier lists the pickups as kent armstrongs but in the picture you can clearly see the Duncan Designed logos.
                For what it's worth, the Kent Armstrong pickups usually had Jackson logos, and I believe had model numbers starting with "M" followed by three digits. For example, my old TH-2 Stealth had a Jackson-branded bridge pickup with an "M214" label on the back. There was a bit of a transition period among the various Professional, Performer and X lines.

Hell, I could have sworn that the X-series was first introduced as "AX/S" or something like that.
                sigpic

Comment

Edit-eh nevermind lol
                  Last edited by jdr94; 08-19-2011, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Ron is a bit tough on the new guys, that's for sure.
                    But he's answered the same questions repeatedly for years only so the "newbies" get enough information to sell the guitar and forever be gone from the JCF.
                    It's happened over and over again, and he's annoyed with it. I understand that fully.

However, with that being said, he's also quick to judge the motives for newbie posts. He's our board antagonist for sure. He gave me the same crap when I joined, and I remember butting heads with him numerous times...until I finally realized that's just how he is. The vast majority of the time, his "insults" are all intended in fun spirit. In that regard, I find it hard to believe he called someone an "idiot" flat out...at least not without reason.
                    He's a good guy. It's just that the new members don't know that much about him and his personality, so he can definitely come off as abrasive.
                    There is someone who always comes off condescending and rude on every forum. Unfortunately, most of the time those members are not helpful in the least. Ron, on the other hand, has helped out many people. Especially when it comes to ID and serial number issues. I think this forum is the best group of people I have run across. And yes, Ron is one of those people. I have grown to appreciate his helpfulness and even his sarcasm. I thoroughly enjoy finding the rare moment when I can throw it back at him too!

A quick rundown for new users (to avoid Ron-rash):
                    1. Tell us what you know about the guitar and provide as much detail as possible (rather that just asking us to tell you what we know about it.)
                    2. Don't ask how much your guitar is worth.
                    3. Spell things correctly and use punctuation.
                    4. DO NOT TYPE ALL IN CAPS!
                    5. When you take pictures, make sure there is not any small portion of the guitar that is cut off in the shot.
                    Last edited by DalyTek; 08-19-2011, 07:02 PM.
                    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                      Damn, for a few $$$ more you could have gotten a NEW JS. Win some, lose some.
                      Ive already got a JS30.
                      Charvel Style 2 2H San Dimas
                      Charvel Predator (Rainbow Crackle)
                      Jackson Dinky Reverse Professional
                      Jackson Soloist XL Professional
                      Jackson KE3 Professional
                      Jackson DK2 (Eerie Dess)
                      Jackson DKMG
                      Jackson DX10D Holoflash
                      Jackson JS30DK
                      Jackson JS30DKT
                      Kramer Focus Flip-flop pink
                      Digitech GNX 4
                      Randall Half Stack

Comment

Thanks to those that were helpful in determining the model. The neck is what was throwing me off because my other DX10 has sharkies. You were correct that the trem, just like my other DX, doesnt have the Jackson logo on it.
                        Charvel Style 2 2H San Dimas
                        Charvel Predator (Rainbow Crackle)
                        Jackson Dinky Reverse Professional
                        Jackson Soloist XL Professional
                        Jackson KE3 Professional
                        Jackson DK2 (Eerie Dess)
                        Jackson DKMG
                        Jackson DX10D Holoflash
                        Jackson JS30DK
                        Jackson JS30DKT
                        Kramer Focus Flip-flop pink
                        Digitech GNX 4
                        Randall Half Stack

Comment

I had that same unbranded JT-500 on one of my old Kelly guitars.
                          Just be careful not to over-tighten the string lock bolts. The threads in the holes can strip out pretty easily.
                          The Schaller Floyd and JT-590 are direct-swap replacements.
                          My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Working...
                          X