Any info on my Jackson appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any info on my Jackson appreciated

Back in 1987 i bought this guitar from JSG music store in Bingley,West Yorkshire,apparently was the 1st theyd had....its been with me,week in and week out,gigged all over,been my only guitar for nearly quater of a century.....
    I was told it was a Jackson Fusion Soloist Pro....it has a Floyd Rose & active pup switch......serial number is 900634....and i think the finish was called something like "blue tigerskin"
    Last edited by Bazdude; 08-27-2011, 06:39 PM.

Made in 1990 in Japan. Not a Soloist as they are all neckthru and your serial indicates a bolt-on. It may be a Fusion if it has a short scale. Need more info to nail down the exact model. Pics would be a huge help
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Errrr i have receipt from 1987 so cant have been made in 1990:P....it is a bolt on neck....will upload pics soon

Comment

Originally posted by Bazdude View Post
        Errrr i have receipt from 1987 so cant have been made in 1990:P....it is a bolt on neck....will upload pics soon
        What does it say on the headstock? A Jackson Professional would say "Jackson Professional" on it.

It sounds like you were lied to by whoever said it was a Jackson Fusion Soloist Professional. Whoever told you that didn't know jack shit. Fusions are bolt ons and a Soloist is a neck thru. Professional would mean it was made in Japan in 1990. There were no Professionals in 1987. Also, double check your serial number, specifically the first digit. Are you sure that is a 9 or is it a J?

Comment

Originally posted by Bazdude View Post
          Where are you and your time-machine?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            Where are you and your time-machine?
            In the hot tub!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Bows head in shame (blames age) & sorry for doubting you vitamin:.....Indeed i have a reciept from 87...for an Ibanez:P
              Which got stolen and replaced with the Jackson in 1990..(still 21 years ago,afterall)...i so wanted to prove you wrong,but it still seems that this is
              still petty special as i now believe its a pro....anyways here are some pics.......oh btw im in west yorkshire england,,,soz again<<<<<newbie

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Aside from the color, that looks just like my 1990 Fusion (with the scoops and mini switch and all)
                      Nice guitar. Wish mine had that blue flame.
                      What's the scale length on it?
                      My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X