Mid 90's Dinky Reverse w/ a Floyd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid 90's Dinky Reverse w/ a Floyd.

I know there are threads on this but the search function isn't working worth a shit. I've been trying to search fro 30 damn minutes and it's not working.

I've got a '94 and '95 Dinky Reverse and cannot remember if the trem recess in them is big enough for a true Floyd without widening it.

I hope to have the cash to send the '95 off to Learn to have him refinish it and want to route the recess if needed beforehand.
    My Toys:
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
    '94 Dinky HX in Black
    '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Do you know what model of Jackson trem you have in there at the moment? I have had a lot of good dealings with Adam Reiver at Floyd upgrades.com and im sure he would not only be able to advise but have suggestions too!
    Other than that I wish you luck with the refinish! Learn is a true legend! *jealous*
    "If I'm in A-B and your in E-e on the 3rd fret, little string, while I'm back here, on the 7th fret big A... are we in tune?"

Comment

Someone will have to confirm but i seem to believe JT580LP IS interchangeable with low pro Floyd but the Original and the non low pro are the issue?
      Afraid i haven't had as many dealings with swapping the base plates, certainly the string blocks and most other minor components are interchangeable to an extent, the Block is the issue because of the screw spacing!
      "If I'm in A-B and your in E-e on the 3rd fret, little string, while I'm back here, on the 7th fret big A... are we in tune?"

Comment

Both guitars have the JT580LP in them
        My Toys:
        '94 Dinky HX in Black
        '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

The easiest way would be to measure up the bass plates between JT and floyd, i blieve you can find templates by searching google images - thats how i checked all my parts before ordering if im honest! (but dont tell anyone...)
          failing that i will try and see if I can find anything to measure up to!

Comment

Originally posted by logan View Post
            Someone will have to confirm but i seem to believe JT580LP IS interchangeable with low pro Floyd but the Original and the non low pro are the issue?
            The Lo-Pro version of the Floyd is NOT interchangeable with a JT580-LP. A regular Original Floyd will fit, though.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              The Lo-Pro version of the Floyd is NOT interchangeable with a JT580-LP. A regular Original Floyd will fit, though.
              Cool, that's what I thought. Thanks.

The only issue I have now is which nut size I need. As far as I can remember the nut is 1 11/16, but does it have narrow or standard string spacing?

R3For 1-11/16" Nut width, narrow string spacing (good for necks with binding)
              R4For 1-11/16" Nut width, standard string spacing
              Last edited by AdRock; 09-21-2011, 01:53 AM.
              My Toys:
              '94 Dinky HX in Black
              '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

The Original Floyd will fit in the JT580LP route. But I had an issue with the plate rubbing on the treble side under the stud. I ended up placing Those oversized Schaller bushings in the guitar which was a fill and drill operation. It worked. It put the bridge back a small amount. But it actually made the tremolo feel more stable and responsive. So I assume the studs on the JT580LP are a little forward of what a OFR would be from my experience.
                I don't know if the JT580LP has changed any since the 90's. I did it to a Fusion HH. I have a Mahogany one that I will probably just put a Floyd Rose Upgrades tremolo in. Its basically a modded Gotoh I believe.
                Just some suggestions that I have found really made a difference in the total guitar.
                Have fun with it.
                As far as the Nut goes. Earvana has a Floyd nut that rocks. It's mounting wholes are a little off from the Stock Jackson nut. Fill and drill always works. Shim it to height and play in tune al over the fingerboard. It makes everything sound tighter. And chords just blossom with more accuracy. I use 10-52 gauge and 12-56 at times. Depends on the gigs and tuning. So the intonation needs to be tight.
                An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
                A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Working...
                X