Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help on Performer Series

Hey guys,

I got some problem with Jackson ps4 guitars. I have sent email to Fender and MusicZoo, but they said they do not have any data. JCF is my last hope :(

I'm currently in trouble of identifying Jackson ps4 guitars. I noticed that there are lots of ps4 guitars with 7 digits serial numbers which starts with "1". Some information from JCF shows that, these ps4 guitars were produced in Korea only for a short time, and the route cavity looks like the one in the pic. But someone else told me that, there was no MIK ps4 guitars at all, the ps4 with the odd cavity (in picture) was crappy chinese copy.

I'm wondering if there is direct evidence that shows these ps4 were genuine and produced in Korea? Does anyone have receipts of these guitar from authenticated dealers?

Thanks in advance.

They started out in Japan and were changed to Korea. I believe with that cover it's a korean guitar. you can also tell by the serial number.

Comment

Yep... that is a Korean PS4. I have a PS2 with the exact same cover.
      The Japanese PS4's had the San Dimas style plates on them.
      -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by best88 View Post
        the ps4 with the odd cavity (in picture) was crappy chinese copy. [/SIZE]
        False.

Your guitar was made in Korea in the mid 90s.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hi rjoinstone, do you still have the receipt from the dealer? This is importante to prove that the performer serious do have been produced in Korea.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            False.

Your guitar was made in Korea in the mid 90s.
            Yea, I think it was made in Korea, but there is another WELL KNOWN story in China.

Before Jackson went into Chinese market, a guy named Xuemin Zhang registered the Jackson trademark viciously in China, and made copy of Jackson guitars by himself. There are lots of posts in chinese player forums were telling how to distinguish this copies from genuine ones. They said the ones with odd cavity were from Xuemin Zhang and the others with San Dimas plates were built in Japan.

Since Fender can no longer provide the data of performer series, I'm wondering if there is another reliable sourse which can prove that Jackson do have produced performer series in Korea?

Comment

Originally posted by best88 View Post
              Hi rjoinstone, do you still have the receipt from the dealer? This is importante to prove that the performer serious do have been produced in Korea.
              No.. I bought the guitar second hand, but the Made in Korea sticker was still on the guitar when I got it.

Trust me... your guitar is a legit Korean built PS4.
              It's not worth the effort to counterfeit an entry level guitar.
              I've never heard of or seen a Chinese Performer series Jackson.
              Seen plenty of shitty U.S.A. and Professional series knock offs, but never on the entry level stuff.
              -Rick

Comment

I've had 4-5 ps-4's.Never seen that route before, guess all mine were japan made..
                I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                  No.. I bought the guitar second hand, but the Made in Korea sticker was still on the guitar when I got it.

Trust me... your guitar is a legit Korean built PS4.
                  It's not worth the effort to counterfeit an entry level guitar.
                  I've never heard of or seen a Chinese Performer series Jackson.
                  Seen plenty of shitty U.S.A. and Professional series knock offs, but never on the entry level stuff.
                  Chinese do forge entry level guitars. Squire, Epiphone, Ibanez RG270, Jackson PS and JS, Washburn X series, some BC rich, and etc. During a period of time, the number of fakes are more than legit ones in Chinese market. Almost all of them are produced in Shandong province.

Comment

Working...
                  X