Ngd!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ngd!

Finally got it in today, kelly ke3r in trans blue. Its got a few dings in it but it looks good. Came with original trem bar and jackson hsc, and emgs, 89 in the bridge and idk in the neck, the logo color is rubbed off. I gotta go to my AA meeting right now so I don't have time to plug it in yet but here she is!

I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Nice. I had one of those. Great players! Congrats.

Comment

It looks like it has real abalone inlays too. If its toilet seat its the best looking toilet seat I've ever seen. Lol I can't wait to get back home

Comment

Congrats, I've had more than a few of this same guitar and they are like cheerleaders.... look good and fun to play with!!!

Set that trem up pronto, and enjoy
        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Holy neck dive batman! That's really my only complaint. The neck on this thing is incredible tho, and talk about access!
          Ima have to get a padded strap for this thing tho, its a lot heavier then I was expecting. And prob gonna switch the 81one in the neck into the bridge cos the 89more doesn't quite do it for me.

Comment

I like the Kelly so much better with chrome hardware. (Mine has chrome too; I think it just looks better on that guitar than the black does.)
            You should get some chrome pickup rings. That really completed the look on my KE3.
            Congrats!
            My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

That looks like the satin silver looking hardware finish. Nice score.
              Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Congrats!! I agree with the majority on the neck dive issue....BUT...enjoy!!

Comment

Yeah its got the satin hardware. I think it looks awesome with the trans blue. I hadn't thought about matching pickup rings, ill have to look into that.

I put new strings on it and did a setup last night. The thing plays phenomenally. I just need to find a replacement for the 89, it just doesn't take gain well at all and sounds kinda muddy. Sadly its a 60 in the neck or id just switch them, but the 60new sounds great where its at.

Comment

Id look to see if that 89 is installed correctly. Its the coil tap model and may be running as a single coil or out of phase.
                    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

It doesn't sound single coil but ill check the wiring because the push pull pot only kills the sound so there's probably either something wrong or the guy wired it like that as a killswitch. If I turn the gain up past 1/4 on either of my amps or my practice amp I get really bad feedback an tons of hum. So maybe you're right. I just hate wiring tho. lol

(I swear ill never understand why my phone tries to correct me by adding in random words, that's why I have to edit all of my posts. -see last post "60new" like wtf? Why would I want to add the word new to the end of a number. Does shit like that every time I type numbers. Damn technology. /end rant)

Comment

haha...I was wondering why you kept put some random word at the end of your EMG model numbers. I thought you were talking in some code that I was unaware of.
                        It definitely sounds like wrong wiring. The 89say should sound almost identical to an 85far when it's wired up in humbucker mode.
                        My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Originally posted by TKEblue View Post
                          It looks like it has real abalone inlays too.
                          :think:
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Lol yeah "smart phones" for ya.

And shh it was dark. But it does look more like abalone then the moto in my other guitars.

Also, I just noticed there is no ground going to the bridge. Shouldn't there be? I know there was on my blackouts

Comment

There's no bridge ground with active EMG's.
                              Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Working...
                              X