a few rr24m qustions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a few rr24m qustions

Do they have neck dive as bad as a kelly?
    What's the neck like?
    What's the weight like compared to a kelly and dinky?
    I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Don't know. Don't have a neck thru Kelly.
    Fast.
    Mine is light.

Comment

I don't have a neck through kelly either, but it dives like crazy. Let me phrase it differently, do they have neck dive issues?

Comment

My RR5FR has no neck dive issues. My RR3 has a cunt hair, but quite tolerable, unlike cunt hair....
        "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
          My RR5FR has no neck dive issues. My RR3 has a cunt hair, but quite tolerable, unlike cunt hair....
          LOL

and also DonP, what neck would you compare it to? Your opinion of fast may not be the same as mine. Are we talking thin flat? Rounded? Thicker? To me just saying "fast" would be like a wizard neck

Comment

Thin and wide. I thought my RR3 had the best profile, til I played the RR5FR.
            "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Great profile. Schaller locks help balance alot compared to dunlops or something. That I've found.

Get one. You'll like it.

Comment

I just can't hardly play my kelly standing up. It seems twice as heavy as my other guitars and the neck dive is the most annoying thing ever. Sitting down tho its amazing, I love the flat neck and fret access. I haven't even had it a week yet tho, and I plan on giving it a little more time to see if we can bond at all but im having doubts about it already and you shouldn't have doubts about a guitar you just got. Lol
                I've been playing the shit out of it tho, just put new strings on it Wednesday and they're already so worn out that the 3rd string broke on me today. If i can't get used to it then ima try and get me one of these.

Comment

Originally posted by TKEblue View Post
                  I just can't hardly play my kelly standing up. It seems twice as heavy as my other guitars and the neck dive is the most annoying thing ever. Sitting down tho its amazing, I love the flat neck and fret access. I haven't even had it a week yet tho, and I plan on giving it a little more time to see if we can bond at all but im having doubts about it already and you shouldn't have doubts about a guitar you just got. Lol
                  I've been playing the shit out of it tho, just put new strings on it Wednesday and they're already so worn out that the 3rd string broke on me today. If i can't get used to it then ima try and get me one of these.
                  I had the same problem with my PS6T (one of the reasons I got rid of it, that and the JT500 trem ) and my KSXT. Kelly's tend to be neck heavy. Have you tried moving the strap buttons? I had to move the strap button closest to the neck a bit and now it sits perfectly. I don't have this problem with my Kelly XLR or any of my Rhoads though.

Comment

Originally posted by snake_pearson View Post
                    I had the same problem with my PS6T (one of the reasons I got rid of it, that and the JT500 trem ) and my KSXT. Kelly's tend to be neck heavy. Have you tried moving the strap buttons? I had to move the strap button closest to the neck a bit and now it sits perfectly. I don't have this problem with my Kelly XLR or any of my Rhoads though.
                    I couldn't bring myself to do that to a guitar man. And if I could, I definitely wouldn't to a guitar that im not sure about and don't know if it will be a fix.

Comment

LOL

and also DonP, what neck would you compare it to? Your opinion of fast may not be the same as mine. Are we talking thin flat? Rounded? Thicker? To me just saying "fast" would be like a wizard neck
                      I'd say similar to my Model 6. Thinner that my USA neck thrus. Thin, somewhat flat.

I dislike fat thick necks, but I have an R8 so I deal with it.

Comment

Your opinion of fast may not be the same as mine. Are we talking thin flat? Rounded? Thicker? To me just saying "fast" would be like a wizard neck
                        Fast is a technique of your hands that needs to be learned, and it can be done on any size neck.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have pretty small hands and for me I can seemingly play faster on thin flat necks. I think its more that it's easier for my hands. Im a pretty small guy, about 5'6" so yeah. Its just easier on me

Comment

I see. I'm 5'5" with kinda small hands, but I can't play on real thin necks that long. The hand fatigues easier when a neck is too thin, and a thicker neck gives a more comfortable, natural grip.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hmm I haven't really noticed that. I had an s470 with a wizard 2 for a few years and i never had fatigue problems. My dk2m neck is thin, but still rounded for a nice medium that's just down right comfortable, its became my go to guitar. The neck on the kelly is great, feels like I can play faster then the one on my dinky, its thin and flat, but while I love the neck profile and looks of it, the balance of it and it's sheer weight are turning me off. I've already had to have epidural steroid injections in my back a few times and have nerve problems so that doesn't make it a lot better. I could suffer for a guitar that does it for me, but yeah..... ima just give it a little more time and see if it grows on me.

Comment

Working...
                              X