Who wants pics of a Surfcaster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants pics of a Surfcaster?

Picked this up for Ron last night. This thing is AA+ condition. Only a couple of flaws and very minor ones at that. This thing looks brand new.

Theres one other little blemish, theres a small dent in the 2nd or 3rd fret under the G string. The other frets are just fine and their crown even still tapers off towards the ends of the frets. This thing hasnt seen much use at all.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Ill play it a little tonight per Rons request and give a little review. While I dont think its gonna do metal very well, Im betting it will have a killer blues and clean tone. I played it a little before I handed over the money(obviously) and it had a very subdued, round tone to it. By subdued I mean the bridge pup isnt the hottest in the output department. Im really thinking the clean tone with the combination of the the bridge and neck both on is going to be golden.
    Last edited by Twitch; 09-16-2011, 06:20 AM.

Comment

That's one of the few Surfcasters that i actually wouldn't mind owning. Nice score!
      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Ship it to him UPS so we can have some good before and after shots!
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post

You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
            Fucker!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Japanese or Indian? And I'd love to hear a review.

Comment

Japanese. You can tell by the s/n which looks to be around 1997. Model is SC-1.

Here's the page out of the '98 catalog:

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...1998Page16.jpg

Comment

I don't think any of the semihollow surfcasters were made in india- by the time they moved production there it had been simplified down to the most basic format. No f-hole, no trans finishes, no pearloid guard, etc. AFAIK, this is one of the last 'decent' surfcasters available before the switch.

I dig the trans black finish- nice and subtle, but great looking too.

Welcome to the surfcaster club, Ron- assuming you don't already have a stable full of them. (although if you did, I'd be surprised you would go for one this recent unless the deal was undeniable)
                  I will sacrifice Gracie Law to appease my emperor and live out my earthly pleasures with Miao Yin!

Comment

Hey Twitch, you didn't smoke around her, didja?

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      Hey Twitch, you didn't smoke around her, didja?
                      No, I only had her out of the bag twice. Once to show someone and another time to show someone and plug her in for a minute. I didnt want to ding her up, shes in such good condition. Im glad shes gone. It up the FedEx to fuck her up now(which I hope doesnt happen), it cant be me that does it now, and I packed her like a tank.

Comment

You're awesome! You didn't want to play her more, huh?

Due in today....

Comment

I see she was delivered, how did she fair the journey?? Hope she made it without incident.

To answer your above question, 1. I didnt want to muck her up. I adorn myself in a wallet chain and keys on my belt loop like a janitor. 2. She really wasnt my cup of tea. Had she had a JB or other such output pickup, that may have been different. Shes definitely a blues guitar.
                          Last edited by Twitch; 09-23-2011, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Yeah, arrived at 11 AM, didn't get a chance to play until just now...really cool, and getting lots of compliments from fellow office drones Playing through the Cube 30 on R-fier, Gain on 10

Thanks mucho, Daniel!

Comment

No prob Bob, er, Ron. Glad to know it made it there and that it suits you. Have fun with it mang.

Comment

Working...
                              X