CL add Jackson Dinky Pro Rev 1993

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CL add Jackson Dinky Pro Rev 1993

Does this look like a good deal? Are these worth buying and upgrading, it has the Schaller 590 trem? thanks all, rufkut Dayton CL 2604145605

http://dayton.craigslist.org/msg/2604145605.html

From your location description, I'll assume this is the one.
    Being new to Jackson/Charvel , I'll watch for info also.

Comment

If its in good shape like he says, and only alterations are the jb in the bridge, id pay that for it. Id offer him 250 or 275 tho.

Also, I believe this is in the wrong section. Should be in the ebay section
      I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Thanks for the response guys, I got it for 275.00 w Jackson case, pretty sweet player, i think I'm gonna swap the JT-6 out though, it feels a little awkward, the way I rest my hand on it, might be just the fact I'm used to RG's, never thought I'd play anything else, till I played a Charvel, love the necks, perfect size for my little stubby fingers!! thanks all

heres a pic of the newset adoption http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/w...jackson002.jpg
        Last edited by rufkut; 09-19-2011, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Congrats! Whatever you do, don't put an edge or zr in it! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by rufkut View Post
            Thanks for the response guys, I got it for 275.00 w Jackson case, pretty sweet player, i think I'm gonna swap the JT-6 out though, it feels a little awkward, the way I rest my hand on it, might be just the fact I'm used to RG's, never thought I'd play anything else, till I played a Charvel, love the necks, perfect size for my little stubby fingers!! thanks all

heres a pic of the newset adoption http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/w...jackson002.jpg
            You mean youre switching out the schaller trem as thats not a jt-6 on that guitar. The schaller trem is considered to be one of the best and that one has a fairly low profile. Not sure what trems will fit in the schaller rout without hitting. Ive got the same guitar, color and all, maple board, but I guess its a year newer as it has the jt580lp trem in it. I wish it had the schaller.
            Last edited by Carbuff; 09-19-2011, 10:34 AM.

Comment

That doesn't make it any more comfortable for him. But I agree that I wouldn't change it if it were me.

Comment

Very cool. I had a Dinky Reverse in the same color, only mine had a rosewood board, and mine had the JT580LP trem. Yours has the Schaller JT590, and I would keep that trem unless there's something wrong with it.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys, I was confusing the Charvette I got the other day with the Dinky for a minute, Your right the Dinky has the Schaller, and it feels fine, its the JT-6 thats on the Charvette I'm not really digging very much, it sits higher than the low pros I'm used to, I want to find a Fusion body for the Charvette, so If anyone has one send me a note, I love the neck on the Charvette, and the Dinky (even though the 2 are very diffrent) but can't wrap my brain around playing a plywood body, which is what I think it is, way too heavy to be basswood, and I dont think Alder was an option on a 1989 Charvette, thanks for all the comments, glad I found this site, lots of cool info and people, peace rufkut

Comment

Originally posted by rufkut View Post
                    Thanks for the advice guys, I was confusing the Charvette I got the other day with the Dinky for a minute, Your right the Dinky has the Schaller, and it feels fine, its the JT-6 thats on the Charvette I'm not really digging very much, it sits higher than the low pros I'm used to, I want to find a Fusion body for the Charvette, so If anyone has one send me a note, I love the neck on the Charvette, and the Dinky (even though the 2 are very diffrent) but can't wrap my brain around playing a plywood body, which is what I think it is, way too heavy to be basswood, and I dont think Alder was an option on a 1989 Charvette, thanks for all the comments, glad I found this site, lots of cool info and people, peace rufkut
                    There are a few fusion bodies on the bay atm. One is super high priced but I think one of them is reasonable, sub 100. Did that charvette turn out to be plywood? Or did you just want a body with a recessed trem?

Comment

I have one Dinky Rev with the JT590 and another one on the way with a JT580LP. I can't argue with the 590 being more solid, but I prefer the feel of the 580LP myself. Easily in my top five favorite Jackson models . . . behind the USA DR2 and Dinky RVS Professional.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah I agree with ya Inazone, I got a Rev Dinky Pro, stone finish from guitar center a week ago, got and the frets were destroyed, it had the 580 LP, and it was more comfortable for me, felt like the low pros on my Ibbys, I quickly took it back, got my money back, the guy at GC agreed they were trashed, said they could fix, but I took the refund, and bought the 93 DMV Dinky pro instead, sometimes better(590 vs 580LP) doesn't always equate to playibility, I prefer feel over superior hardware, cause honestly I'm not Vai, and use the trem for accents,mostly, but more importantly for the fine tuners!! lol, thanks for the input,rufkut

ps, Charvette did turn out to be a plywood carbuff, bummer, it plays great, sounds good, the plywood thing creeps me out, probably cause I'm a tree trimmer, and want real wood, I'm sure RacerX will chime in on that one, lol, later
                        Last edited by rufkut; 09-19-2011, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Heres a body that looks like it will go cheap. Its still a non recessed trem but has the pull up rout so it can sit lower on the body. The red is cool too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1990...item2314200a2b

Comment

Thanks man, I'll keep an eye on it, appreciate the heads up, rufkut

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                              Heres a body that looks like it will go cheap. Its still a non recessed trem but has the pull up rout so it can sit lower on the body. The red is cool too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1990...item2314200a2b
                              The guy is from Chile from what I read on his Ebay report of bad transactions thingy.
                              I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
                              X