No announcement yet.

Urgent help needed- Rx10d or X series!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help needed- Rx10d or X series!

I urgently need a guitar as I am in a working band. I was just about to pick up a Japanese made Jackson Rx10d(dull satin black colour) but just then I found out the new X series on the net. The rx10d is Japanese made, comes with a bag but has 22 frets. The 2 X series I have in mind are RRXMG and RR24XT both of them have 24 frets and are neck through and both of them have the colors I always wanted :P. Can anyone suggest me which one would be better in terms of quality and reliability? I don't want to buy the new X series just because of it's fancy looks and 2 more frets. I want a solid guitar. How would these new X series(which are probably made in India or China) compare to the japanese made rx10d?

I think the RRXMG is nice provided it has neck-through construction and EMGs.About wood and workmanship,maybe experts here have the answer..

Comment

New X-series are most likely made in India, bodies are basswood. Your MIJ RX10D body would be alder, and would generally feature slightly higher grade hardware & electronics.

You saw this thread, right? http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/121...s-new-X-series!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah I saw that thread. Actually Rx10d has basswood body too [ http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2911400370 ].
        As I do not have the opportunity to play and test out both I want to know if Rx10D is a better buy than any of the X series? The new X series offers more feature but I want to know the quality difference. Which one is better in terms of being a more solid and better guitar.
        Last edited by Rakib; 09-23-2011, 05:11 PM.

Comment

If you read the thread as indicated, you'd know the new models aren't out yet. Therefore, nobody here can give you any insight on build quality or playability.
          "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

I did read but also I came across this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOm289-Xnjw . Oh well now I guess I'll have to do the thing I hate the most. Wait.

Comment

Ok my bad. That guitar in Youtube was a limited run. I guess I am over hyped and tensed at the same time about getting a jackson. I'll wait.

Comment

Personally, i would hold out for the X-series to hit the stores. They seem to have some great features for the price range and as RacerX said, the hardware would probably be of lower grade but you can always swap it out if you're not happy. Having said that, the neck-through construction and 24-frets makes the RRXMG a potentially huge winner if you ask me. Also, if i remember correctly, in that thread i think it was confirmed that the X-series are indeed made in India - although the confirmation did not come from Jackson directly.
                It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

I find Jacksons quality to be stellar across the board, at least fitting within the expected quality for each series' price range. Only exception would be some of the USA models during the 00s, or so I hear.
                  "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Rakib View Post
                    Yeah I saw that thread. Actually Rx10d has basswood body too [ http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2911400370 ].
                    It's my understanding that the early RX10D (2000-01 era) are basswood, Made in India. In 2002 production moved to the Japan factory and the bodies were alder. Possibly around '06 they switched back to basswood (but still MIJ), so now I ask you my most common question: do you have the serial number?

Comment

Sorry no serial number. Saw it at a local shop but forgot to check the serial number but they said it is from japan. But I guess it would be a good thing to wait for the new X series to hit the market although I current have no guitar and I have a practice session within a week. Life is bad

Comment

Just borrow one dude.
                        It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                        ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Find the alder bodied rx10d.I think its better.But how's the trem on it?Isn't it jt-500?

Comment

I guess I'll try to borrow one till the X series comes out. It is almost impossible to find an alder bodied rx10d over here. The trem is jt-580. This will be my first jackson so I really dont know how it will be. I had a limited Epi LP Standard Top + made in korea. I would want to settle for a jackson which is atleast on the same level as that epi.

Comment

Originally posted by bondofhatred View Post
                              But how's the trem on it?Isn't it jt-500?
                              JT-500 on the Indian RXs, went to the 580 when production moved to Japan.

Comment

Working...
                              X