Jackson/Warmoth Explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    Hey, that looks really cool. I think you should break out your piggy bank and go with the KNE.
    I think that is probably what I will do. I'll post a build thread when I have enough cash to get going. The whole point is to make a Jackson Explorer and if I get the Warmoth I can't easily put a Jackson neck on it.

Doing the mockup really helped because I realized white body binding actually wouldn't look right. I like the red dye and slight burst into black on the edges way more.

Hopefully Bill and Becky Lawrence can provide white pickups with black bezels. Also thought about Bare Knuckle but they're just too expensive.
    Last edited by killxswitch; 10-08-2011, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Your "yikes" assumtion is correct RacerX.

Comment

The new concept you got is very cool. I even like the look of the kahler - and I'm not the biggest kahler fan, but with the finish et al, looks bad-ass. Jealous.

Comment

Don't be jealous Pete. You could build one too! Maybe it will catch on and eventually there'd be a Jackson Explorer subforum on JCF.

Thinking about calling it the Jackson Exploder. Is that clever or stupid? It's such a fine line between the two.

Comment

Call it the Jackson Raider

That's a sick mockup you have! If I were you I'd go with KnE, hands down. $70 more for everything that'll make your job easier, plus it looks more like the Explorer than the Warmoth.

As for the neck... Good luck Unless you're going to go with an old pro series or your X neck.

Comment

Working...
            X