• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a Convert....

Hi Guys
    This is my first post so be gentle……..
    I’m new to the World of Jacksons
    I recently bought a very cheap Jackson PS-2 on ebay (£65.00)
    After some TLC and replacing a few bits, It looks like brand new.
    I am totally blown away by the quality and playability
    I play mostly Blues and Old School rock so always thought Jacksons weren’t for me but I’ve not picked up my Strat or Les Paul since I bought this………
    I am aware the performer series was/is the bottom of the pile and this is a Korean late 90’s guitar…
    The serial number is 1019763 can anybody confirm this?
    I am on a tight budget so is there any benefit in playability or quality in buying a JS23 (around £200) or should I sell some stuff and find an affordable DK2……
    Thanks

I'm not to familiar with the bottom of the line Jacksons but if you like the PS-2, I wouldn't take a chance on a JS23. Stick with the sure thing.

A DK2 is a nice step up. In the US they go around $300.

Comment

congrats! well, i suggest going with the charvel model series as well. like a model 4 or 6. either jt-6 or kahler bridge. the mini switches are perfect for getting the tone you want. and the boost, works for everything. they can go in the price range your looking at.
      Guitars:
      Jackson Kevin Bond RR Green
      Jackson Kevin Bond RR Red
      Grover Jackson Dan Spitz RR
      Epi Thunderhorse Explorer

Amps:
      Modded Jet City 100HDM
      custom 4x12

"Moran!"-augistin01(maker of B.C. Rich Deathangels and Defiler of one poor RR1)

Comment

The PS-2 is of better quality than the newer low end stuff like the JS so keep what you have.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have a ps2 as well. Its a really solid guitar. I agree with stray that its probably better than the new cheap js stuff. Possibly the trem might be the weak point, but if its still in good shape and youre not a heavy wammy guy it should be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac48 View Post
            The serial number is 1019763 can anybody confirm this?
            Hey Mac, thanks for posting the ser #

It is a Korean s/n but I can't narrow down the year. Gotta be somewhere between '95 & '98 IIRC
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks for the wise words
              I'll keep my Performer for the foreseeable future!

Comment

Hey Mac welcome and congrats on finding a keeper! I must say this has been one of the most enjoyable and civil first post/threads we have had in awhile. It shows when you post a good question, with appropriate information, this community steps up to help!
                Great job everybody. Mac you will find out quickly that this place is awesome.
                "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
                  Hey Mac welcome and congrats on finding a keeper! I must say this has been one of the most enjoyable and civil first post/threads we have had in awhile. It shows when you post a good question, with appropriate information, this community steps up to help!
                  Great job everybody. Mac you will find out quickly that this place is awesome.
                  Agreed! And welcome!

Comment

Welcome Mac,

My first Jackson was an import as well, and it got me hooked.
                    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Welcome to the forums, Mac!
                      You have officially learned that Jacksons are more than just shredding machines.
                      My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

both of my jacksons are imports...
                        Jackson RX10D
                        Jackson JX10

Comment

I thought my first import Jackson was the shit. Then I got a USA Select and a USA Custom. Yes. Now my import Jackson IS shit, comparatively. :-) Once you do it you can never go back. Not saying the imports are bad guitars, just that the USA ones are so much better in all ways.
                          2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                          Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Welcome aboard. I have a PS-2 also, they are good playing guitars. Mine is a Japanese made one but I can't imagine yours could be bad enough to need a replacement.
                            I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

The Korean models have way better build quility than the Indonesia models. I own a ps-2 that I bought from JDR94 and I love the neck shape on it. It's a little thicker than most Jacksons. I just had to replace the pickups and it's a really good player and stays in tune good too. I put jt590 Schaller made Floyd on it and it plays awesome.
                              It's pronounced soops

Comment

Working...
                              X