Help identify my left handed Warrior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identify my left handed Warrior?

I got this guitar quite some time ago and had trouble finding what model and year this guitar was made. Bolt-on neck, all black hardware, EMG 81/85s, Floyd Rose II tremelo, 1 pick-up switcher, and 1 volume knob.

Serial #: 9798291

Thanks!

2011-09-21 16-17-37.080 by davidhuynhhh, on Flickr

2011-09-21 16-18-28.894 by davidhuynhhh, on Flickr

2011-09-21 16-17-52.717 by davidhuynhhh, on Flickr

Very strange, i'd be tempted to say it's a lefty WRMG but i've never seen one before and there's a few things that throw me off. Firstly, the control layout and the Floyd Rose II (which could be aftermarket). Also the neck binding and sharkies, the (R) on the headstock logo (EDIT: which looks really small) and the really badly done black burst finish on the body. Another strange thing is that the output jack is chrome whereas the rest of the hardware is black. :think:
    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

At first, I thought the small logo was weird, too, but then I looked at other left-handed Jackson guitars and they all seem to have that small logo. I'm still just as confused as you are on this one, though. :p

Comment

That body doesn't look right to me, so I vote fake body.

Devotee, WRMGs have the piranha inlays.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

the trem cavity looked over-routed at the back..

Comment

It looks over routed because I only have 1 spring installed right now, and it probably looks weird because of the angle? I'll take more pictures when I get the chance. Let's see where this thing goes.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Devotee, WRMGs have the piranha inlays.
              Precisely my point.

I'm with Ron on this one, the body doesn't look right; the curves are off. The trem cavity doesn't look 'over-routed' (whatever that means), it just looks like it was routed for an OFR. Try to get some more pics and some shots of the back too.
              It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
              ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

I think you already identified it, it IS a left handed warrior.
                "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but it looks alot like this:

...which is definitely a mutt based on this description:

"Trying to sell this warrior mutt. First and formost this is not a Jackson guitar I've done my best to try and make this look like one for personal reasons but only a few of the parts are Jackson. The body is from some Starfire brand I picked off the bay a while ago, the Neck is a Jackson 24 fret rosewood with sharkfin inlays (the back tip of the neck has a little chunk missing *pictured) The innotation is a hair off. LH Floyd Rose II locking trem with arm. Has some EMG pickups 85 in the neck and 81 in the bridge. I dont have any backplates for it. Will ship in a fitted G&G case and I will thow in a Levy's leather guitar strap. Asking $200.00 shipped OBO. "

The rest of the deets are here:

http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/s...00-shipped-OBO

Comment

So, then, if this is the same guitar, then somethings not right about your story. Either youre the guy who bought it and know what it is and have only had it a few months or youre the guy selling it and know what it is. Or perhaps its changed hands again and the details were never shared with you? Define "quite some time ago".

Comment

Its a fake, no left-handed WRMG has ever existed.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Haha, that's really funny actually. That forum states he's in Lodi, CA. That's where I bought it. I did think that it was too good of a deal. Oh well, still not a bad buy for $100. Thanks for the help!

Comment

hahaha I'm a member of that board and saw that

I ALSO have a starfire BASS I bought off ebay for 50 bucks. ( fake stupidity factor )
                          but I did throw a Jackson bridge on it because the OEM was junk
                          worst piece of shit I ever bought, the tone sucks and the body must be balsawood because it has neckdive worse than a Tbird but it does actually play with low action.

http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by davidhuynhh View Post
                            Haha, that's really funny actually. That forum states he's in Lodi, CA. That's where I bought it. I did think that it was too good of a deal. Oh well, still not a bad buy for $100. Thanks for the help!
                            The neck, trem, and pickups are probably worth around $200 so yes, a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                              Its a fake, no left-handed WRMG has ever existed.
                              See Post # 4
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X