Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's with all these import Dinky models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks Racer lol.... my SN starts with 98 making it MIJ

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifarion View Post
      thanks Racer lol.... my SN starts with 98 making it MIJ
      As long as it is 7 digits long also.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

heres the SN from my DX10D lol........ 9847685... like i said MIJ lol

Comment

ive got the MIJ DKMGT it has the Turbocharger (EMG Afterburner) but i don't use the Turbocharger i like the way it sounds with an HZ4 in the Bridge Position and no turbo. The neck has the Pirahna Tooth Neck inlays and plays like a 2000$ Guitar only thing its a bolt on but even so it has Fantastic Tone
          ​Play Like A Rock Star And Turn it Up !

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
            Nope... The T is the designation for the strings through the body or non-tremolo model. The EMG HZ's and "Turbocharger" (EMG Afterburner) are on the earlier DKMG/DKMGT's, later DKMG/DKMGT's have EMG 81/85 with just a vol/tone.
            So the non-tremolo models have a T? Kinda seems backwards to me. Not disputing you by any means, just saying that you would think if it had a T it would have a tremolo.
            In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

The "T" is for "Tune-o-matic" since that's the type of bridge they use on string through body guitars. They sometimes also use "FR" to designate Floyd Rose equipped models too.
              It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
              ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                The "T" is for "Tune-o-matic" since that's the type of bridge they use on string through body guitars. They sometimes also use "FR" to designate Floyd Rose equipped models too.
                Gotacha, thanks for helping me understand.
                In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell View Post
                  So the non-tremolo models have a T? Kinda seems backwards to me. Not disputing you by any means, just saying that you would think if it had a T it would have a tremolo.
                  Indeed, trick is to look at it differently, Jackson use FR to designate Floyd Rose on pro models (but OFR only...)

and T designates Through body...

Leaving the vast majority of the remaining models with licensed floyd rose tremolos....

Except those with Khallers, and Roswell Rhoads.....

Other than that, R is Reverse headstock and M is maple neck, FF is Fret Flames.... bit like Ibanez and ESP QH QM for quilted tops and F FM for flamed tops ... hope thats some help!

The bloodline site has some details though Iv not seen a proper list of the definitions for many years now!
                  "If I'm in A-B and your in E-e on the 3rd fret, little string, while I'm back here, on the 7th fret big A... are we in tune?"

Comment

Working...
                  X