Jackson Id help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Id help

Thanks for taking a look here. I recently purchased a used Jackson and I can't find any information using the serial number on the neckplate. It looks exactly like a dx10d pictured here. It does not say jackson on the neckplate or the trem. It says liscensed floyd rose. It is way heavier than my Agathis Yamaha, so I dont believe it is basswood.(maybe i'm wrong) It had a Dimebucker in the bridge, and a duncan design neck pup. The serial number is 01050794 . It had a small made in China sticker on the back of the neck where it meets the body. I emailed Jackson but they said it was made before the buyout so they couldn't help. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, year, exact model, body material, where it was made for sure, any specs ect. Thanks again for taking the time to look.
    Last edited by COOPER1965; 10-16-2011, 07:35 AM.

I didnt know that there were any made in china jacksons. India, korea, japan, usa, yes.

Comment

the picture you posted is a DX10D. the serial number format says made in India.

Comment

Originally posted by rebar71 View Post
        the picture you posted is a DX10D. the serial number format says made in India.
        Yeah, what rebar said. Made in India in 2001 (for whatever reason somebody added that MIC sticker).

You can find specs here: http://support.jacksonguitars.com/ca...01_catalog.pdf
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Unless it's one of those fake Chinese models from somewhere like Tradetang...
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Does tradetang fake 10 year old Indian Jacksons?
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Does tradetang fake 10 year old Indian Jacksons?

sure they do...

here's their take on an old 475 Deluxe-exotic and there is plenty more....

http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Wow, thanks for all the help guys. Well i never thought I would say hopefully its made in india, but it would suck if it was a China fake. Is there anything I could look for to spot a China copy? The guitar actually plays, and sound very good to me. I know theres alot of India guitar bashing. Besides actual finish work, what all is horrible about the Indian built guitars? Is the wood atleast ok?
                  Last edited by COOPER1965; 10-17-2011, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X