Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could somebody give me a crash course on the Jackson Kelly Stars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa, no, well, maybe in Canada. In the states, $400 tops, but more like $250-$300 commonly.
    Good call!

I just found some for sale and the asking price was around that... Of course they haven't sold :P

/Noob

Wish these models were common

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
      Wish these models were common
      Indeed, sucks that they stopped production on such an awesome body shape.
      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

(in the listing)The pickups look like EMGs to me, not sure though.
        Guitars:
        Jackson Kevin Bond RR Green
        Jackson Kevin Bond RR Red
        Grover Jackson Dan Spitz RR
        Epi Thunderhorse Explorer

Amps:
        Modded Jet City 100HDM
        custom 4x12

"Moran!"-augistin01(maker of B.C. Rich Deathangels and Defiler of one poor RR1)

Comment

Hey guys, just a quick update!

Turns out the pictures were SO bad, that it's actually all original. The bridge, and the pickups. The pickups are HB-104's, and the hardware looks brushed chrome. Any opinions?

With all of your powers combined, I believe this is a KS2. Am I correct? Also what would anyone think is a fair price? I'd think absolutely $500 as tops, maybe $400.

Comment

No, thats a KSX. The cheap JT500 trem, solid color, and the sculpting on the neck heel of the neck itself is a dead give away. $250-300 max.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Rob's right, that's a KSX... The KS2 has different model pickups and the output jack is located underneath the upper body wing.

Comment

Some of those pictures look like regular chrome to me, especially the close up of the headstock.

Looks like the neck may have some cool flaming going on.

Even if it is a KSX, these are pretty uncommon that if you really wanted it......

Comment

All those pics and no serial # ?
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks guys! The KSX isn't even worth my time. If it was in my city I'd get it, but it's about 4 hours away, not worth it to me imo.

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    All those pics and no serial # ?
                    I was going to ask him but he only responds to me every 3 days so it didn't seem worth the wait.

Comment

A big plus about it is that a regular Schaller JT590 fits that rout perfectly! Throw a DK2 or DXMG neck on it and thatd be one SICK guitar! I like those pickups too, I never saw or heard of those before! If you can get it cheap enough Id say you should still go for it!
                      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                        A big plus about it is that a regular Schaller JT590 fits that rout perfectly! Throw a DK2 or DXMG neck on it and thatd be one SICK guitar! I like those pickups too, I never saw or heard of those before! If you can get it cheap enough Id say you should still go for it!
                        I do love Schaller's, and those pickups really do intrigue me. Dunno how low he'll go if he's looking for $700 though.

Comment

Working...
                        X