Which Duncans?.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Duncans?.....

I am slowly (well not so slowly actually) climbing my way up the Jackson Food Chain
    I started with a PS2 with Jackson pups which I thought were good
    I now have a 2001 DK2 with Duncan design pups which are better
    Is it worth looking out for a newer DK2 with actual Sd's in......
    what are your opinions on the pups guys??????
    Thanks in advance

Seymours are great. I have sh-4 and sh-2 in my Schecter. JB has the outpout and high mids I was looking for and Jazz delivers some realy nice clean tones.

Comment

slap some duncans in your DK2. real duncans will sound better than the duncan designed, no doubt. you can pickup used duncans on ebay or here in the classifieds pretty easily.
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Comment

youd probabyly be happy with a seymour duncan jb

Comment

I read somewhere someone thought the JB sounded like "cocked wah". No wonder Tonemonster likes it so much
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Comment

The JB gives me the bite I need for my lightspeed galloping riffery. I use an Invader in another guitar, but it's not as clear sounding, though it does have some massive bull nuts.
                "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

"low band balls"
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                    lightspeed galloping riffery..
                    is that what the kids call it these days?

Comment

The last time I tried to gallop and riff and the same time I threw out my hip.

Comment

I won't lie, it's a gift

Since you're pretty close, perhaps we can shatter some bones sometime.
                        "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

JB is a nice, well rounded pick up..

Comment

The JB is indeed a great pickup. You could also look at the DiMarzio Super Distortion.
                            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

ok, well I have to admit I can tell the difference between the DDs and SDs, we were runing dd invaders in the warrior and sd invaders in the kelly and it just always had more balls and squealability....

Erm, as for pick up choice I think its vastly down to the way you play and the sound you wish to create.... Personally its all about 2x SH8 invaders for me.... though I am currently falling in love with the full shred neck pick up, but hate massively on the newer jbs (the old beck jbjs were evil though...) and the George Lynch Screaming Daemon doesn't and isn't...

Although Invaders are ridiculously high gain output, if you spend the time to set them up well you will always reap the rewards, there are some rather mediocre samples on the SD website that give a pretty good idea, but I shall attempt to find a vid or soundclip of the invaders in action!

Dare say I had a DiMarzio full shred in a phantom Rythm Master back in the day and that was pretty savage if memory serves correctly...... any chance of a vid or soundclip of that in action?
                              "If I'm in A-B and your in E-e on the 3rd fret, little string, while I'm back here, on the 7th fret big A... are we in tune?"

Comment

Working...
                              X