Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introduction and my Kelly JS32T Project....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BenoA - Dude, go for it!! It was fun and I can't wait to do it again!

DalyTek - yes I have every intention to refinish the headstock. I was (and still am...sort of) kind of stumped on how to go about it since the headstock is more or less, plastic. After talking with an old man who owns a small guitar shop near where I live, I have a better idea on what I need to do. I bought this guitar used and the only thing wrong with it is a very small chip in the plastic at the point of the headstock and I need to fix that before I re paint it. Also, I have been contemplating on whether or not I really want to cover the original logo or not. But thinking about it, I think I can make a pretty good logo to replace it. I have a side business making vinyl decals and I am going to use my plotter to make a stencil of the jackson logo and lacquer it on in the same green I used for the bevel color, then clear over it, color sand and hope it turns out good. I'll update when it's complete.

MHMat - if it were my RR3, I would patch up the points, flame maple veneer the top, and do a see thru burst on that puppy....maybe like a purple to black or something like that! I'm kind of thinking about making my next project a V of some kind.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

that oil dye looks great! I love the look of the darker fretboard
        Red JDR-94
        Maroon PS-3T with shark fin neck
        Duncan Invader pickups
        Jackson>ZW Wah>Vintage phase 90>ZW OD or Boss SD>Maxon SD9>MXR Flange 117>NS2>Bugera 1960>effects loop>boss chorus>MXR 10-band>effects loop return

Comment

Looks cool. Those ferrules look like they were a pain in the ass to deal with!

Comment

Working...
          X