Question about the older Dk2s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the older Dk2s

I guess way back they put the Duncan Designed pickups in the DK2 model. When they began using real Seymour Duncans in this model was everything else pretty much the same in quality...meaning the wood, pots, Jackson trem, tuners, etc?

Trem was supposed to be upgraded as well. New hardware is black, old is chrome.

Comment

Are the Duncan Designed single coils stacked?

Comment

Originally posted by gerryl98 View Post
        Are the Duncan Designed single coils stacked?
        I believe so. They don't sound too bad either. I've had a couple DD pickups and they are way better then the old pickups they would put in lower priced guitars. I did a magnet swap on a HB102B and thought it sounded really good. Sounded like mud with the original magnet in it
        It's pronounced soops

Comment

I believe the woods and craftsmanship are just as good on the old ones as the new ones. The reason I bought a DK2 was to get something similar in quality to the old Charvel models. Mine is a newer one with SD pups and the JT580LP and I've never played one of the older ones so I can't compare them but I do like mine. It seems to be very well made and plays and sounds great. I will say that I don't believe the JT580 is quite as good as the OFR, because I have one of each and can hear a slight improvement with the OFR. I don't have to adjust the fine tuners on it either, as I seem to have to do occasionally with the Jackson. Maybe I just need a setup but plan on upgrading to an OFR anyway.

Comment

well, i picked one up for almost nothing. the neck, fret, and body are top notch and up there with my DK2 with real SDs. Not digging the duncan design pups. the bridge humbucker sounds too crunchy and the single coils hum like a squier. hardware is a nickel finish and the previous owner put chrome knobs and trem arm on. needs new pots and jack and with 10's i need a fourth spring to get the trem level. overall i came out ahead but i think i might just flip it if i cant find a steal on quality pups.

Comment

the duncan designed single coils on my 2005 DK2 don't hum at all - unless i crank up the afterburner i installed over halfway.

Comment

Originally posted by rebar71 View Post
                the duncan designed single coils on my 2005 DK2 don't hum at all - unless i crank up the afterburner i installed over halfway.
                Looks I might have to tear into it to see if the previous owner played with the wiring

Comment

Working...
                X