Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like that neon looking green.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Congratz! That's a wicked color! Thanks for the review. I'd like to get the King V in that color!

Rock on!!!
      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
        BTW, does it glow in the dark?
        Maybe I can also use it as a night light.

Comment

Wow, I love the color, that rules! I hate non-FR bridges...but I have a couple myself anyway. Very cool guitar nonetheless. Nothing wrong with putting a little needed TLC into a guitar. It's worked wonders on some cheaper guitars I've owned.

Comment

Awesome guitar dude! Sounds like your experience was similar to the one I had with the two new KVXTs I grabbed. Totally impressed with them. I also own a bunch of USAs so they had to be decent to make it past the door. With some new pickups and tuners they're great. Already started by putting some pickups in. Next up are tuners. I'm so glad Jackson finally LISTENED and built this type of line. Good on them!
            - Adam

Comment

That paint job looks sick, congrats!

Comment

Sold me! From the pic it looks like the neck is narrower up at the heel ends than a regular USA/Japanese Jackson soloist too - maybe more like oldskool Charvel or Fender style with a narrower heel....which I actually prefer to the gigantic Jackson slabs. I might well get one of these thru necks.

I like yours!

Good to hear a review by someone who's owned USA and Japanese Jacksons too.
                You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

yeah, is the neck any thinner than a regular USA soloist's neck?
                  Sam

Comment

It's not any narrower than any other Soloist I've played. The fretboard is 2.25" wide at the heel, just like my old USA Soloists. I'm telling you, it feels *exactly* like a classic Soloist neck.

The heel cutaway is a different shape than the current USA one, deeper and more like the Pablo cut. That might be why it looks different. The neck is also about the same thickness as my old Soloists. I wouldn't call it thin by Jackson standards.

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post

I'm quite sure the Indian factory is independently owned and works under a contract with Jackson, just like Chushin Gakki in Japan does. I'm guessing that Jackson put more effort into making the new X Series the right way, such as by sending U.S. employees over to provide more specific manufacturing details. That's the big reason why the early Japanese Charvels and Jacksons were so good. Several Jackson guys--including Grover and Mike Shannon, I believe--actually went over to Japan to direct the start-up of the Charvel line. They made sure all the little details from the U.S. guitars were carried over. A few years later, they probably thought they'd done too good a job of that.
                      Thanks man, that explains a lot, I've only owned Japanese Jacksons, and love them, if they take the same approach with the new Indian stuff there's no reason it can't be good.

Comment

And if there are problems, tech support is right next door.
                        Sam

Comment

Color is awesome man, enjoy it. I wish they made a 7 just like this one.
                          "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

Originally posted by ekalb09 View Post
                            Color is awesome man, enjoy it.
                            ^Truth, that guitar looks awesome

Comment

Thanks Pro-F for making me feel better about my purchase site unseen - my trans black arrives Monday afternoon. This will be my first Jackson, I've been hooked on the Charvel pro mod's (Have 4 now) but wanted a 24 fret fixed bridge that I could throw some blackouts in. I'll try to get some pics up by next weekend.

Comment

beautiful color.... it's giving me ideas for my next project's color :idea:

Comment

Working...
                                X