Anyone using Dimarzio's on their DK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using Dimarzio's on their DK?

I'm thinking of trying the So Cal pickups in my DK. Anyone using the Evolution/Tone Zone pickups in the HH Jackson and if so how do you like them?

I have a super D and Tone Zone in my DK2M, and I like them. I think it's a TZ, I'll need to check, lol. But they are both Dimarzio's, and they sound pretty good.

Comment

I've played a DK2 with a tone zone, and I'm going to say it's probably the perfect pickup for that guitar. Made it sound absolutely crushing.

Comment

I'm using the TZ/Evo combo in my US Fusion. Love it!
        Hail yesterday

Comment

I had a Super D/PAF combo in my old DK2M but I never really got into that guitar. I normally love that pup combo (and the JB in it originally) but the guitar left me cold.
          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I have an Evolution in my DK2, and sounds fantastic!

Comment

I had my DK2M in the shop getting some DiMarzio D-Activators installed and will be picking it up tonight or tomorrow, so I'll post about that when I can. I've used the Steve's Special and PAF Pro (bridge) in a basswood Dinky and both sounded great, with the SS being a bit better for metal.
              sigpic

Comment

I've had a few days to play with the DiMarzio D Activators, and I couldn't be happier. They are nice and balanced across all frequency ranges, don't get muddy or harsh, and react better to aggressive pick attack than any of the various EMGs I've used.
                sigpic

Comment

Yup, Super D and PafPro, it didn't come to life though until I added the Big Brass block
                  Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

TZ all the way in the bridge position. Great pup--works in practically every guitar.

Comment

I've got a PAF 36th Anniversary in my DXMG, and that thing smokes. I don't even have a brass block, and it still sounds great.

Comment

I'm after a new bridge pup for my dk2, the d'activator was what I had in mind. The JB sounds like shit. Been checking out sound clips online but that doesn't really help.

I love the EMG 81 but want to go passive this time.

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
                        I've had a few days to play with the DiMarzio D Activators, and I couldn't be happier.
                        So you reckon it's a good choice huh?

Comment

Love most all DiMarzio's but the TZ does nothing for me.
                          My Fusion HH sounds killer with Gibson 490R and 498T.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I never got into dimarzios. I saw a few close up and they looked really cheaply made compared to SDs. Although I used to play a LP with a super D and it rocked.

Comment

I Love Dimarzios i Use Them on my Kelly and My Soloist! The kelly has an EVO in the Bridge and PAF Pro in the neck position, the Soloist has Tone Zone in Bridge and Super Distortion in neck, Dimarzios Yessss
                              Last edited by sebulak; 12-20-2011, 02:26 PM.
                              ​Play Like A Rock Star And Turn it Up !

Comment

Working...
                              X