Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
    ...And the Jackson X series are basswood by accident? :think:
    I heard that someone was walking a maple neck blank across the Jackson factory floor when they slipped and fell into a pile of basswood body wings. No going back once that happens.

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
    ...in English?
    Axegrinder is being facetious. Keep up
    Hail yesterday

Comment

500 euro is about 668 USD. There are alot of really nice guitars in this price range, but Jackson doesn't really seem to have one. Comparing the XMG series to say a BC Rich NJ Deluxe Jr V like http://www.ebay.com/itm/BC-Rich-Nj-D...item5d31049e62 makes the XMG look a bit overpriced
      You know that's not the normal price right?
      http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...lectric-guitar . Nato is not a good wood and they can put OFR's on guitars because FR is owned by the same company as BC Rich.

Comment

It's not an OFR. Its one of the korean made officially licensed ones or w.e

Comment

They are OFRs, and they're wonderful. Made in Korea, BY Floyd Rose, to exact same specs through and through. Only difference is a hidden "Made in Germany" that only snobs would seek out.

But I guess being made in Korea would be ok, if they didn't do so in order to cut costs, right?

Happy turkey day :P
          "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Haha, that's a good one. I did kinda dig myself into a hole there. I think the Korean floyds use different metals on certain parts. But, besides that, quality parts and quality manufacturing process are all that matter in the end. Countries just get associated with good products and bad products because of majorities. India and Indonesia have a reputation for making so-so guitars, while Korea and Japan are known to make higher quality instruments. The USA used to be considered the cream of the crop, but then Japanese companies like ESP and Tokai started making instruments at the same level of quality for less cost. It's a vicious cycle. At the end of the day, if you go to a shop, play a guitar, and like it, buy it if you can afford it. No one cares if it's not "the best you can get." Try all your options and pick your favorite. Eddie Van Halen's guitar was worth like $150 when he recorded Van Halen I. I think he did fine.

Comment

Originally posted by neptoess View Post
              Haha, that's a good one. I did kinda dig myself into a hole there. I think the Korean floyds use different metals on certain parts. But, besides that, quality parts and quality manufacturing process are all that matter in the end. Countries just get associated with good products and bad products because of majorities. India and Indonesia have a reputation for making so-so guitars, while Korea and Japan are known to make higher quality instruments. The USA used to be considered the cream of the crop, but then Japanese companies like ESP and Tokai started making instruments at the same level of quality for less cost. It's a vicious cycle. At the end of the day, if you go to a shop, play a guitar, and like it, buy it if you can afford it. No one cares if it's not "the best you can get." Try all your options and pick your favorite. Eddie Van Halen's guitar was worth like $150 when he recorded Van Halen I. I think he did fine.
              Sorry, I don't think any ESP was ever up to the quality level of a good USA equivalent guitar. And the USA is still the best there is for custom guitars - just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                They are OFRs, and they're wonderful. Made in Korea, BY Floyd Rose, to exact same specs through and through. Only difference is a hidden "Made in Germany" that only snobs would seek out.

But I guess being made in Korea would be ok, if they didn't do so in order to cut costs, right?

Happy turkey day :P
                I own an NJ Deluxe. The floyd rose stamped floyd is nowhere near as good sounding, weighty or stable as any of my German made OFR or Schallers. Also, I managed to dent mine after being careless with a guitar stand. It's not a major dent, but proof if proof were needed that they are certainly not made to the same specs - to the point where I want to order a proper OFR to swap it out with.

It's not a terrible tremolo - certainly better than Jackson/IBanez/LTDs cheaper offerings, but that doesn't mean much to me in the face of the German-made floyds - all of which are consistently rock solid!

Comment

Have you tried denting your OFR in the same way as a test?

Comment

^^that

And I'm sorry, but you can't pick up a guitar and say the bridge makes the guitar sound bad. Not without a proper before and after swap with a German OFR. Otherwise your only basis for judgement is ANOTHER guitar, which is a null and void comparison. Regardless, you seem to be biased already, so you'll probably hear a HUGE improvement after swapping it.

For shits and giggles though, elaborate on the dent. Post pics too if you can.
                    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Working...
                    X