Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Slat3-7

picked this up last week from a member over on Metalguitarist.org
    I have fallen in love with the neck on it, it feels very similar to a Model 6 or the old
    early 90's Pros. Very 'shreddable". I think Jakcson really fucked up with these. If they had used a normal sized headstock and offered them with Ebony boards I think they would've been flying out of the stores. Besides the goofy HS I have zero complaints with this guitar. I don't even mind the EMGs, it is crazy comfortable and has moved into the #2 slot behind my BRJ CS shop in my 7 string realm.
    If you're thinking about getting a 7 and want one that feels like a soloist, this is it. you can get them used for pretty cheap on the bay too.

Last edited by kmanick; 11-26-2011, 10:34 AM.
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

I passed on one on ebay that happened to be in my area. Cheap as & virtually new.

Didn't bother as ive never been interested in anything other than 6's.........oh well, my loss.

Huge congrats, she's sweet.

Comment

Headstock looks fine from the little bit I can see. GTWGITS!!!
      "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

LOL what's the matter with the headstock?

Comment

Glad you're enjoying it Nick. Also you decided to keep the EMGs vs. the JB/Jazz? In that case check your PM.

Comment

very cool, Nick. I never even saw them in the shops over here
            Hail yesterday

Comment

well to be polite the headstocks on these are ................"big"
              jackson used the Bass guitar headstock on them (lazy pricks) so it's a big bigger than it really needs to be and it turned a lot of the 7 string folks off over at SS.org
              It's really unfortunate because this thing plays really well and for the price I got it for
              it's one of the best bargain buys I've ever done.
              headstock shot

Comment

Nice! I almost bought that one myself, but I just couldn't justify it at the moment, since I only use sevens for recording rhythms and have a perfectly good KXK seven with a TOM bridge. I got to play Mike Blevins' SLAT3-7 the other day, and they are indeed very high quality instruments. Too bad they didn't really hit the market right.

Comment

I saw your NGD post on SSO as well, that headstock actually looks alright in that last photo. I can't wait to see their next line of 7s though.. aside from the Broderick models that is.
                  "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

Originally posted by ekalb09 View Post
                    I saw your NGD post on SSO as well, that headstock actually looks alright in that last photo. I can't wait to see their next line of 7s though.. aside from the Broderick models that is.
                    Most likely going to be that headstock or SLS. I don't think they're going to do the inline 7 especially after the SLAT3-7s.

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
                      well to be polite the headstocks on these are ................"big"
                      jackson used the Bass guitar headstock on them (lazy pricks) so it's a big bigger than it really needs to be and it turned a lot of the 7 string folks off over at SS.org
                      Nope. Where did you get that information from? The reason the headstock is bigger than usual is because it has to be longer to accommodate one more tuning peg and wider because of the thicker neck. It's hardly massive though, it looks proportional.
                      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                        Nope. Where did you get that information from? The reason the headstock is bigger than usual is because it has to be longer to accommodate one more tuning peg and wider because of the thicker neck. It's hardly massive though, it looks proportional.
                        Mesh please post a pic of your Jackson 7 please.
                        it's pretty common knowledge amongst the jackson "people in the know" over on SS.org that they used the Bass headstock
                        Here are a couple of CS shop Jackson 7 headstocks that are sized "correctly"

Personally the HS doesn't rally bother me much but it turned a lot of the players over on SS.org completely off and jackson lost a large part
                        of their target demographic just because they were too lazy to retoool the CNC machines to make the proper sized Headstocks for these.

Comment

Can't hot link these because the remote files are too large...

http://i.imgur.com/9ZipM.jpg
                          http://i.imgur.com/HqNrj.jpg
                          Attached Files

Comment

When it says that just unclick the checkbox at the bottom, works for me.
                            "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                              How could you not tell that's the thicker bass headstock? Jackson can cut down the headstock and make it shorter and thinner... they've done it before.
                              http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/820...ng-V?highlight=

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X