NGD: slsxmg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: slsxmg

serial number 1102990 just got it yesterday, overal really liking the sls body shape, and the quality seems about equal to my RX10D, except for some minor cosmetic defects.

I was a little surprised to see the body binding, but now I can see it on the gun metal grey images online. the natural slsxmg looks pretty sweet, but in snow white the body and neck binding is almost invisible. The neck is very D shaped and a little thicker then my rx10d, but still comfy, but visually, with the white back and whitesh binding it looks really fat.

my guitar came with some slight scratches on the back and some odd blemishes in the binding. first it looks like the binding might be cream coloured naturally, but is painted white on the face of the fret board, with mine they seem to have done a pretty shabby job, and the front facing part of the binding has little nicks in it from the fretting machinery maybe?

Overall very happy with this, these x series are about the only option for entry level soloist. Now is there anything I should know about the correct care and feeding of active EMGs?

With EMGs, you just have to change the batteries every so often. Believe me, you'll know when that time comes.

The top of the binding on my SLXT is a little messy, but nothing like that. It happened when the frets were leveled and crowned at the factory, rather than when they were installed. The finishing is usually done by hand, and the guy doing it must not have been very careful, and/or they aren't masking the fretboard area very well. It's only cosmetic, but unfortunate.

Comment

Why not do the 18v mod on it. IIRC it's on EMG's site. I did it to all of the EMG equipped guitars I had (went passive on all except one and it got Blackouts). It makes a world of difference in the sound it puts out. How are the frets on it? I've seen a lot of reviews on the JS series about that and was just curious. Nice buy.
      I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobizx View Post
        Now is there anything I should know about the correct care and feeding of active EMGs?
        Just the manner in which they are slaughtered (Devil's Advocate reference)
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

fret work seems fine, I tried lowering the action to unrealistic levels to find out if there were any trouble spots and didn't seem to have any issues.

Comment

Nice! I ordered the same thing still waiting for it. Where did you get it from? I ordered from guitar center and it says that its in stock but they haven't sent me a shipping confirmation yet

Comment

Originally posted by groverj3 View Post
              Nice! I ordered the same thing still waiting for it. Where did you get it from? I ordered from guitar center and it says that its in stock but they haven't sent me a shipping confirmation yet
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I ordered mine from LAmusic.ca I was watching availability at musicians friend to gauge when it was going to show up, and wasn't expecting it until January, but they called me last week and said it was on its way. I hope you get yours soon and post what you think of them. btw I was curious about the difference in neck profile between it and my rx10d so I took some measurements with a caliper, mind you they might be a little thinner then these numbers as I was trying to be careful to not scratch anything but I got 21.6 mm for the 12th fret on both. so they are very close.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                    Hey now, GC is the only game in town here in Kalamazoo, MI. Plus, I could have it delivered to their store instead of waiting an extra week while UPS insists on trying to deliver it at 2pm when obviously I am not in my apartment.

I did get $100 off though with a coupon, so I guess thats alright by me!

Comment

I ordered mine from LAmusic.ca I was watching availability at musicians friend to gauge when it was going to show up, and wasn't expecting it until January, but they called me last week and said it was on its way. I hope you get yours soon and post what you think of them. btw I was curious about the difference in neck profile between it and my rx10d so I took some measurements with a caliper, mind you they might be a little thinner then these numbers as I was trying to be careful to not scratch anything but I got 21.6 mm for the 12th fret on both. so they are very close.
                      When it comes in I can do a side-by-site comparison with my SL2H. Looking forward to seeing how this axe plays with a proper setup. I'm sure the neck will be thinner than the USA. From my experience don't most imports come with the speed neck profile? Or at least something thin and D shaped.

Comment

Working...
                      X