RR3 volume problem?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR3 volume problem?!

Hello guys i've got a problem with the volume on my jackson rr3 made in japan.
    The problem start when i select a PU and turn his volume to 0 but the PU keep sounding a bit if the volume of the other PU is on.
    I tried to check the wires of the pots and i found something weird to me...there's a wire between the two pots and i think the tone isn't grounded.

:think:
    *the red one is the suspect wire
    I hope you understood my problem and have some tips to give me.
    P.S. Sorry for my english i'm Italian

The red wire looks.like.
    ground.wire. looks.fine.to me. Hard.to tell from the pics but but pickups should go to left lug of thier respected volume pot. The center lug of each volume to the respected lugs on the switch. Center lug of switch goes to the tone pot left lug then center lug of tone to output jack. That should help solve the problem.
    Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
      The red wire looks.like.
      ground.wire. looks.fine.to me. Hard.to tell from the pics but but pickups should go to left lug of thier respected volume pot. The center lug of each volume to the respected lugs on the switch. Center lug of switch goes to the tone pot left lug then center lug of tone to output jack. That should help solve the problem.
      Gil
      Thanks a lot. i took another look and i noticed the guitar is wired in the alternate method with the left lug of each volume pot goes to the switch and the pickups goes to the center lug but i can't understand why the problem remains :think:

Comment

Mine does that too. I think it's kind of cool, really cleans up nicely.
        "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Working...
        X