X Series WRXMG question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X Series WRXMG question

Hi! I'm about to order an X Series WRXMG soon. And I'll be ordering the new SKB type Jackson Warrior/Kelly hardcase with it. Like this one:

The interior is like this:

My question is that, considering the WRXMG has a reverse headstock, will it fit in that hardshell case? Looks like the headstock portion of the case is cut for regular headstocks only.

I could be wrong though. I don't know where I saw it but the new custom guitar of that dude from Revocation is also a Warrior with a reverse head. And if I remember it right, it looks like it is encased in a case that is similar. Although, I am not certain if that is the regular Warrior case you can order off Musiciansfriend or if that is a custom case.

Gee, I hope it fits. I don't want my guitar to be broken by the time it gets to Asia.

It will fit in that case, no problem. Notice in the 2nd photo the headstock area is designed for h/s's standard and reverse. The only time I've seen hardshell cases where the headstock area is fixed for standard (or reverse) only - is a custom-built flight case.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

With that cut, it looks like the pointy end of the reverse head stock will take a chip when it falls down. And is it sturdy enough? Will the guitar survive being flown half the world away?

Comment

I suppose it depends on what height you drop it from. That's why people use insurance Just order the guitar and post pics when you get it. The longer you leave it, you'll end up waiting til 2012.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Hahaha I'll be ordering soon enough. Unfortunately, all websites have them at backorder and will ship by first week of January. Then after that I have to wait another month for it to arrive here in the Philippines. Of course, I'll do a review when it arrives.

Sucks to be in the third world.

Comment

Oh, Mass Defect, there you are again...
            I never understood you. So you make mass just disapear into warmth or what?
            You didn't really listen when the sentence of conservation of mass was announced, did you?
            You make my mind go nuts...

But the case looks great.
            The one that came with my custom rhoads just plain sucks.
            It is cut for King V shape, doesn't really close on first try without messing around, it was cracked already on the day I got it (that didn't get any better really), three of the four feet are missing by now...

I suggest not dropping that case as well, but it looks pretty good to me.
            tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Ive got the new Warrior/Kelly cases as well as the new Rhoads/KV cases and I absolutley love them. Much sturdier and easier to carry than the old box designed ones. And yes it will fit a reverse headstock.
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

SKB makes them right? I guess they are identical except for that pretty cool Jackson logo. I just found a bnew SKB case but much cheaper than the original Jackson.

@MICHA--- hahaha yeah! I haven't understood it fully either. College physics made me sleep.

[img]

Comment

Working...
                X