Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me to figure out is this DR 7 (prolly MIJ?) or DX 7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me to figure out is this DR 7 (prolly MIJ?) or DX 7?

Hello,

I need some information from ppl who know much more about Jackson guitars than I do.

This guitar is being sold online and the seller is saying that it is DR 7 (picture below) and the serial number is 00040409.

I am trying to find out that guitar really is a DR 7 (and if it is possibly MIJ) and not a DX 7 because those two models do look very much alike. The person selling this guitar couldn't tell any additional information about the guitar and theres no text behind the headstock etc. How much are ppl willing to pay on this model nowadays?

IIRC, if its got the satin nickle hardware it should me a DR7.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I don't know much about the imports, but doesn't serial starting with 0 with 8 digits make it made in India, therefore a DX7?

Hopefully RacerX will stop by and clear this up...

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
        I don't know much about the imports, but doesn't serial starting with 0 with 8 digits make it made in India, therefore a DX7?

Hopefully RacerX will stop by and clear this up...
        It's really hard to tell from the picture if the hardware is satin nickle (and I cannot go and see the guitar because of the long distance) so I'm guessing the serial number is the only thing that can confirm the model of this guitar for now. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Sorry I can't give you a more definite answer, but I read on a different thread here that Indian serials were 8 digits starting with a zero, and Japanese serials started with a 9. Wish I could say for sure.

I really thought someone with more import knowledge would have given some input by now...

Comment

2000 DX

Info thread on serial numbers http://www.jcfonline.com/archive/ind.../t-101353.html
            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Working...
            X