CL Kelly KE3 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CL Kelly KE3 ???

Doing a CL search in the surrounding area and ran across what is being said to be a KE3 from the late 90s..Its at music store in my region..They state there are no markings that state were it was made but the serial is an 8 digit starting with 9908xxxx..Now looks to be a smaller black body with chrome hardware. They also state they cant believe it has not sold for so long with the price being $300.00 and other places are selling these for 3 times the price which I find hard to believe..Does all this jive such as the serial## with the model,hardware..Not real familiar with the Kelly models and history.. Thanks

Welcome. Next time, just post a link.

I have suspicions as to the year and country of origin, but I dare not speak, for fear of Ron. However, it seems legit. $300 is top dollar, for that price it had better be flawless. Regardless, should be able to haggle a little.

The only KE3s that sell for 3 times as much are brand new. They also feature REAL Duncans, and black hardware these days.
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Serial # puts it as Made inIndia 1999, so probably not a KE3, and worth nowhere near 3 bills.I t's probably a KX and I'd say value is closer to $150 - 190.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It's an Indian-made X-series. Those X-Kelly guitars had awful quality. Check the number of frets - the Indian-made Kelly guitars of that era and type were usually 22 frets.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          Serial # puts it as Made inIndia 1999, so probably not a KE3, and worth nowhere near 3 bills.I t's probably a KX and I'd say value is closer to $150 - 190.
          Tis why I hold my tongue
          "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Working...
          X