Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Kelly, Did I miss out?

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum. I have a question. I found a local deal on a Jackson Kelly Professional. The guitar was beautiful, played well, and was in mint condition.
    It came with the OHSC, w/bar, and manual. The guy had it up for a while and didn't receive any calls, so he let me check it out, but was firm on the price.
    He claimed his guitar was a 1990 Kelly XLR, but I dug through the Jackson / Charvel catalogs and found a guitar with the same specs and finish. So I believe it's a 1997-1998 Kelly KE3. I'm attempting to determine what year it really is. If it were in fact a 1990, it would be worth quite a bit. He was asking for 400. The guitar is all stock. The serial number is J012102 Did I miss out?

The features are:
    Bolt on neck
    Seymour Duncan pickups (Not Duncan designed)
    Jt580LP Trem
    Reverse Sharkfin inlays
    Standard / not reverse head stock
    Rosewood fingerboard.

This is the exact same guitar.
    Thanks guys!

That one has reverse sharkies, but don't XLRs have reverse headstock too?

Comment

No... on the missing out part...
      sigpic
      Action Jackson

Comment

Yeah, The "R" in "XLR" stands for reverse. I'm beyond confused by the sharkies. Most if not all KE3's I've seen had the upright inlays.

Comment

What would have been a good deal on it?

Comment

It's an older ke3, I have the same one in white.
            I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Thats a 96-97 only KE3 "Professional". I had the same guitar for a while. $400 would have been a bit high. I paid $319 in similar condition w/case. BTW, if it has real SDs in it, then theyre after market. They came stock with the DDs.
              Last edited by Twitch; 01-07-2012, 02:31 PM.
              HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I'ma disagree(might be wrong)... I've had more than a few Ke3's that came loaded with Duncans. I believe they were older than that, not really sure when the duncan designeds came into play???

Pricewise, it really depends where you live? In the US that is slightly high....
                Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I personally woulda passed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                    I'ma disagree(might be wrong)... I've had more than a few Ke3's that came loaded with Duncans. I believe they were older than that, not really sure when the duncan designeds came into play???

Pricewise, it really depends where you live? In the US that is slightly high....
                    The guitar pictured came stock with DDs.

HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Working...
                    X